JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jada/Fam/Misc

MissAshley

It works Romano, it just goes in and out.

Willow & Jaden for charity

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250509313860

1254763867charitybracel.jpg

Exclusive: Will Smith's Kids "Lend a Hand" to AIDS Charity

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith would be so proud!

The star couple's children -- son Jaden, 11, and daughter Willow, 8 -- are serving as youth ambassadors of Hasbro's Project Zambi, Usmagazine.com has confirmed.

"Willow and I joined Project Zambi to represent all the kids out there who want to make the world a better place," Jaden told Us in a statement. "We want to encourage kids everywhere to lend a hand and join us in spreading the word about how much children who have been orphaned by AIDS in Africa need our help."

Jaden -- who is currently filming Kung Fu Kid -- and Willow have joined other celebrities in autographing custom-designed, one-of-a-kind collectible elephant models that are available in a celebrity charity auction.

All the money raised from the sale of each elephant will be donated to a charity that supports children orphaned by AIDS in Africa.

Willow and Jaden's choice? The Chikumbuso Women and Orphan's Project in Zambia.

"Project Zambi is about kids and for kids, and it's so important that we all learn to take care of each other," Willow told Us in a statement. "Even from the other side of the world, kids in Africa will know they have friends who care about them."

To find out more about Jaden and Willow's charity, visit ProjectZambi.com.

http://www.usmagazine.com/momsbabies/news/will-smiths-kids-lend-a-hand-to-aids-charity-2009610

Edited by MissAshley

Jada's blood ties

IT IS always a family affair for American actress Jada Pinkett Smith when it comes to work. When someone in her family is working on a project, she says the whole clan joins in.

The Pursuit Of Happyness, made three years ago, was the first time her husband, Will Smith, starred with her son, Jaden, in a movie. It probably will not be the last time, although 11-year-old Jade's third movie project, Kung Fu Kid, will feature daddy only as a producer.

'Everyone is usually involved in some kind of way because it doesn't make sense to have so much talent in our family and not utilise it,' says Pinkett Smith. She was talking to Life! over the telephone from Beijing, where the family has travelled to support Jaden, who is there to film Kung Fu Kid with Jackie Chan.

Kung Fu Kid is a remake of 1984's The Karate Kid. The family togetherness also extends to her latest TV project, Hawthorne, a hospital drama revolving around chief nurse Christina Hawthorne, played by Pinkett Smith.

Her children are clamouring to be in the series and she hopes to include daughter, Willow, nine, next season.

'Jaden had a recurring role in All Of Us, a sitcom that Will and I created in 2003, and his career jumpstarted from there. So now we're going to put Willow on,' she says.

Read the full report in Monday's edition of The Straits Times' LIFE!.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Lifestyle/Story/STIStory_440913.html

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Brown says Will Smith reached out to him

Chris Brown says Hollywood megastar Will Smith was one of the first people to reach out to him when his life began to unravel.

October 21, 2009, (Splash News) - Chris Brown says Hollywood megastar Will Smith was one of the first people to reach out to him when his life began to unravel.

Brown, who is serving probation and community service for assaulting singer Rihanna, told a New York radio station: "As a young black man myself, I need older black male role models to step in and kind of mould me, not people bashing me, 'cause that's not how you learn from mistakes."

Brown said Smith offered him advice after he assaulted Rihanna, his former girlfriend. When he was asked how people should feel about him, he said: "Honestly, with me, it's not a thing about how you should feel. Just be human. Because at the end of the day, I'm human. Of course you're gonna have your thoughts and opinions. I'm not gonna say they're wrong. But at the end of the day, it's not right to judge someone. People make mistakes all the time. I'm learning from my mistakes everyday and I regret it every second."

Brown is subject to a restraining order to stay away from Rihanna.

http://www.sawfnews.com/gossip/60911.aspx#

Edited by Ale