JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Racial Inequality at Work...

Vipa

Basically, I have this paper to do on Racial inequalities at the workplace, and I'm having a hard time thinking up topics to touch on relating to that. Money is definitely one, but could you guys maybe help me brainstorm a few other things I could touch on? I don't know, I kind of know what I want to say but for whatever reason I'm drawing a blank.

Hmmmm...i've never worked in a place where that kinda thing went on. At least not in a way that i ever noticed. I'm not really sure what u are looking for so i'm just gonna throw some things out here incase they help. U already mentioned pay. How about job duties for the same position. Are there more or less delegated to certain races just because? Do other employees or bosses have someone talk 2 a customer just because they are the race? Are they kind of seperated from associates of another race as in circles of friends in the work place that are race-based? I don't know, that's all i can come up with at the moment.

tim hit it on the nail there

Promotions...communication, respect, treated differently, no avenue of protest, subtle racism, comments behind peoples back

Tim pretty much tagged it on spot.

Harassment, also is an indicator when the signs of undue 'racism' or 'prejudice' treatment goes unrecognized. Sometimes upper management have a hard time believing it exist when signs are so subtle. The victim of racism or prejudice acts may even decide against their better judgement and not step forward with a complaint, fearing it may backfire. Its a huge unjust "morale killer" in the workplace.

~ cookie