JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Detroit Lions trade WR Roy Williams to the Dallas Cowboys.

Vipa

Roy Williams and a 7th Rounder for a 1st, 3rd and 6th.

I'm so excited about this deal. We add another threat to the passing game. He'll definitely help take some of the pressure off of Terrell Owens. a 1st, 3rd and 6th may sound like a lot...But since Pacman Jones got suspended today, we keep our 6th that would have gone to the Titans, and they give us a 5th. So overall I'm liking this deal.

Jerry Jones said he talked to TO as he was making the deal. He's excited. Adds more to our offense, and helps take some of the pressure off of Owens. They can't double Team Owens, Williams AND Witten. When Williams is double covered, Owens will be able to get open a lot easier than he has been these past 2 or 3 weeks.

Jerry Jones said he talked to TO as he was making the deal. He's excited. Adds more to our offense, and helps take some of the pressure off of Owens. They can't double Team Owens, Williams AND Witten. When Williams is double covered, Owens will be able to get open a lot easier than he has been these past 2 or 3 weeks.

Oh yeah, because T.O is a man of his word and such a selfless teammate....

It's funny because people don't realize that he just wants to win. He doesn't want more touches because he's selfish and wants all the stats for himself. He wants to Win and he wants to help. He's our best offensive player and I agree with him. we need to get the ball in his hands more. Adding Roy Williams makes us a better team and gives us a better chance to WIN. If we WIN games, Terrell Owens won't complain.

It's funny because people don't realize that he just wants to win. He doesn't want more touches because he's selfish and wants all the stats for himself. He wants to Win and he wants to help. He's our best offensive player and I agree with him. we need to get the ball in his hands more. Adding Roy Williams makes us a better team and gives us a better chance to WIN. If we WIN games, Terrell Owens won't complain.

If win means cash a paycheck, then sure.

History reminder:

2005 Eagles go to Super Bowl and lose.

T.0 want's contract renegotiation. He goes public and makes training camp a live rendition of Jerry Springer.

Fast-forward to the season, Eagles start hot, even with T.0 mad about his contract. Under your mindset, T.O would be fine with the wins. Except he wasn't. We were blowing out teams, and T.O was going on National TV questioning his quarterback's loyalty and his team.

So no, T.O could care less about winning if he doesn't have 80% of the throws in his direction and a paycheck the size of Texas.

That was then.

He didn't make the same problems this year. He came into this season on the last year of his contract. He didn't complain and cry about it. He said he wasn't even thinking about it. He continued to play at a top level. Didn't hold out, didn't cause problems...A few weeks later the Cowboys gave him a new 4 year deal.

Jerry Jones said he talked to TO after making the trade for Roy Williams. TO was excited about it. Jerry Jones said TO asked him for Roy's number right then so he could call him. I think Roy Williams said one of the first calls he got after hearing about the trade was from TO.

TO has changed since the Eagle cut him. I understand his stay in Philadelphia was dramatic, and it's hard to forgive him for it...But he really seems like a different person, now. He's got a much better attitude, now. It's all about winning games and winning the Superbowl. Not stats and money. I'm not saying he doesn't care about that stuff, but from what I hear and read, Wins are more important. He wanted to get involved more because he wanted to do more to help the team WIN.

Edited by Vipa

This was a dumb trade on the part of the Cowboys. They just got T.O. Jr. in Roy Williams. He is a complete headcase who has done more harm than good to an already pitiful Lions team. The Lions got the better end of it because they will have 2 draft picks in the first 3 rounds in addition to their own draft picks. This is going to come back to haunt Dallas.

That was then.

He didn't make the same problems this year. He came into this season on the last year of his contract. He didn't complain and cry about it. He said he wasn't even thinking about it. He continued to play at a top level. Didn't hold out, didn't cause problems...A few weeks later the Cowboys gave him a new 4 year deal.

Jerry Jones said he talked to TO after making the trade for Roy Williams. TO was excited about it. Jerry Jones said TO asked him for Roy's number right then so he could call him. I think Roy Williams said one of the first calls he got after hearing about the trade was from TO.

TO has changed since the Eagle cut him. I understand his stay in Philadelphia was dramatic, and it's hard to forgive him for it...But he really seems like a different person, now. He's got a much better attitude, now. It's all about winning games and winning the Superbowl. Not stats and money. I'm not saying he doesn't care about that stuff, but from what I hear and read, Wins are more important. He wanted to get involved more because he wanted to do more to help the team WIN.

I sympathize with what you say. Why? Because when T.O. blew up in San Fran, we thought he changed. He hasn't. He's the same guy, and his attitude is only a tempered notch down because your owner loves jerks. What does that mean? It only takes time for your owner to get over T.O. and bring in some new 'prize' and that will only lead to T.O. imploding.

Cowboys choke to the Rams, hahahahahaHA!

Ok this is random, but this is the most sports-oriented topic on the board right now...so I'm on the front page of the Philadelphia Inquirer....

Although I'm a White Sox fan, I'm rooting for the Phillies. My best friend is from Philly and I have great respect for the Philly teams & their fans.

Go Phillies!!!!!!

Edited by TopDawg14