JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

do you think...

BadBoy4Life

[quote=diehardwill,Sep 6 2004, 02:40 PM]i hate trilogies in which the last movie doesn't surpass the other. e.g terminator, the 2nd one; judgement day remains the best out of the 3 which shouldn't be. it should be 3, 2, 1.[/quote]

T-2 is nowhere near as good as T-1, but the less said about T-3 the better.

There have been trilogies in which the other (some of the) parts have been better than the first. Godfather, Back To The Fututre, Die Hard, Indiana Jones.........even Star Wars.

You know, I never knew the BB films were 2 hours or more.........untill now.
I just enjoyed them so damn much, time flew.

Bring on BB III and make it HUGE. Edited by the real big willie

Yeah, i can't see them pumpin' out a stale sequel. I don't think any of the people involved would allow an average film come out...it seems close 2 the hearts of all those involved....which is why it took so long 2 do the 2nd...AND all the original cast that waz necessary waz still in it.

• Members
yeah, jumpin jack, i was talking about the time it took to do the second one, 8 years. i think that was way to long for an action comedy flick. the first one was in '95. if the second one was like let's say '97, '98, better. will in an i, robot interview posted on this site commented on bb2 when asked how it wasn't well received and i think the time factor has a lot to do with it. it's not just about making blockbusters, it's about how the public reacts to it.

any of you guys wonder if out of those who paid $290m to go see the movie did it out of curiousity? or what if there wasn't a sequel?

if there's gonna be a bb3, it had better be bad ass gooooooood!!!!!

and real big willie, there ain't no way you gonna compare t2, to t1. t2 was da bomb. the reaction it received all over the world was huge. that was arnold's biggest grossing movie to date. :thumb: Edited by diehardwill

[quote=diehardwill,Sep 7 2004, 01:37 PM]that was arnold's biggest grossing movie to date. :thumb:[/quote]
Does not mean it was his best.
Of course it was made more than the orginal, cinema tickets were more expensive, so were videos and now DVDs. There were FAR more spin offs and merchandise.

T-1 was very low budget, but it had a great story and imense tension. T-2 was a good film with great effects but had nothing T-1 had. As for T-3, I wouldn't even wipe my arse with it.

BB III will be seen purley cos it is a sequel to the BB films.
Which is not a good reason to make another.
But as I already pointed out. It's the chemistry between the main actors that sells the buddy cop film genre, the story always takes 2nd place.

• Members
"Bad Boys" and "Bad Boys2" were kinda different, i think.
"Bad Boys" was not a typical buddy movie coz the characters were not really different, they were both young, black and tough guys(in order not to say bad boys...), just remember: "Whacha gonna do!!", that's clear.
In "Bad Boys2" there was the typical buddy movie coz there was a kind of misunderstanding between Mike and Martin. During all the movie you feel a relation like in "Lethal weapon", which makes a loss of interest. As if Marcus was hesitating entering in a gunfight. If it was happening in the first movie Bad Boys wouldn't be so great.
There are a lot of buddy movies: "National security", "Lethal weapon...", "Hollywood homicide" and more... But "Bad Boys" had something else than that type of movie, something that, unfortunately you don't find in Bad Boys2. If they decide to make a "Bad boys3", i hope the characters will be as "crazy" as in "Bad Boys" and we will say "Whacha gonna do?!!" :rock:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
I think if bad boys 3 EVER came out *which i hope so*, we wud ALL watch it for sure! we're Will's fans and Will smith n martin Lawrence work GREAT together, so why not put them together for another sequel? the idea is BRILLIANT! :clap:
I really hope bad boys 3 comes out or else im gonna start punching some1!! :ali: :bang: