JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 Cent vs Kanye showdown #2

VIsqo

Kanye Moves up His Album, Avoids 50 Cent Face-Off

50 Cent will have to find someone else to diss when it's time to promote his new album, because Kanye's not willing to bite his bait this time. Kanye announced via his blog that 808s & Heartbreak, previously slated for December, will now arrive a month earlier. This is probably Kanye's way of avoiding another SoundScan battle with 50 Cent who also has a new album, Before I Self Destruct, scheduled for December.

rap.about.com

Edited by VIsqo

Both Kanye and 50 seem kinda washed up to me, there's many great rappers that deserve more hype than them

50 Cent is easily washed up. He has been since 2004. It just that the commercial fans are finally finding that out now. The same immature gimmicks he pulled in the 1st few years of his commercial career simply do not work anymore. He looks like a child when he's doing them. Kanye has me going back and forth. His lyrics are average, his flow and voice are average or below depending on the song. His production is good but seems 2 be getting stale. His ego has always been uncalled for and annoying. And his new single is awful. I want Kanye 2 make good music and have his stuff 2gether cuz i really do wanna support him. I have his 1st 3 albums becuz i gave them a chance and liked them...however, i pretty much never listened 2 them after the 1st week or 2 that i got them.

And Dr. Dre's album isn't gonna make it this year. I remember reading an article in the last month or so where he talked about aiming for 2009.