JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Stallone as Batman?

Ale

A few weeks back graphic novelist Frank Miller, author of "The Dark Knight Returns", mentioned he'd like to see his ‘decrepit Batman' tale get the big screen treatment one day. And while it is only a pipe dream of his - ya never know though, Batman is pretty darn hot right now - the speculation as to who would get to play Batman-in-retirement has already started up.

Many seem to favour Clint Eastwood as the ripened superhero - and when a film version of ‘'The Dark Knight Returns'' was rumoured about five years ago, Eastwood was tipped to take the role; not sure whether that was just BS or there was actually progress on a film - but Miller has another idea.... One that just led to Ab King having to change from his Rambo undies into his Rocky boxers.

Sylvester Stallone.

‘'Just that mouth of his, the scowl and the way it would look in a mask," Miller told a reporter from The LA Times. "I loved 'Rocky Balboa.' This wounded warrior, that's what Batman is in 'Dark Knight Returns.' "

http://www.moviehole.net/200815351-stallone-as-batman

:wickedwisdom: :wickedwisdom:

If anyone tries 2 persue this...they need 2 wait until the current Batman run is finished. Maybe an animated movie would make more sense. And no offense 2 Stallone, but needs 2 stay away from Batman.

He is like a 1000 years old, how could he be Bruce Wayne the eternal in his 30's.. Did u see Rocky VI?lol

Man, we're talking about Miller's graphic novel 'The Dark Knight Returns', a Batman in his 50's, dark and depressed.

Personally, I think that Sly could portray him perfectly. I don't see the problem.

And Rocky VI happens to be one of my favorite movies of all time.

Edited by Ale

So if Harrison Ford wants to make a new 'Indiana Jones' movie, nobody criticizes his age, but if Stallone wants to make 'Rocky Balboa' and 'Rambo', people say he's old? OK!

Like it or not, Sly could be Miller's Batman. You probably think he's a bad actor, but with his two last movies he's proved that he can play old, sad and depressed characters if he wants, and that's what Miller's Batman is.

Edited by Ale

This is just a sad a depressing discussion Ale, the guy might not be up to the challenge.. Besides, I didnt even went to see Indiana Jones because I figured Ford to be old and busted, But Stallone is cool, for his kind of roles...

i mena people crtiiczed harrison ford too, he wasnt left out. i remember seeing flash cartoons before this movie even existed mocking his old age if there even was going to be another indian jones.

i dont think stallones age is a problem at all. i think its the way he talks. his looks would be perfect, but the whole eeyyyy aspect kinda throws me off. if he could shake that off i would have no skepticism.