JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

A Question 4 Da Guys.... pls.

3cookies

My son just came out and asked me about applying deodorant, and does he have to wash his underarms in the showers first. LOL He finished showering, washing his curly hair.... and walked up to me just NOW.. asking.. lift his little skinny arm up.. .asking, "How does it smell?" im like.... "Good?"

LOL. My question. When boys start being this concered about wearing deodorants, is this a sign that he is 'maturing' or starting to notice girls? Its his 2nd day in middle school...and his brothers never showed concern one way or the other... He's the sensitive guy like Jaden used 2 be ...so...

I'm curious. thx 4 any answers.

haha

xo,

cookie

ok. that could very well be possible, with a kid in class smelling bad, and he wants to avoid being cracked on,.. cuz I know he's not 'smelling' terrible YET... lol, but its cool to see him take interest in his grooming all the same... Its just funny ...

thx AshTrey...

~ cookie

My son just came out and asked me about applying deodorant, and does he have to wash his underarms in the showers first. LOL He finished showering, washing his curly hair.... and walked up to me just NOW.. asking.. lift his little skinny arm up.. .asking, "How does it smell?"

Tell him that this is all he needs to do to get a girl.

Comedian Dave Chappelle once joked that men don't buy nice cars because they like nice cars. They buy nice cars because they know women like nice cars. It's simple Big Sis; your son is trying to get his mack on. If he could go his entire life without deodorant he would. He's at that age now where his appearance is beginning to be important to him. He's noticing girls(and they're probably noticing him too) and he's at that age when he wants to make a good impression. In short, he's a young mack-in-training.

I agree with Top Dawg, when i started middle school, that waz when the "silly" crushes when away and u really start scheming one what it takes 2 impress a girl. U think u are so much more mature than u are. That's when i started using deoderant, brushing my hair more, using face cleaner 2 prevent myself from breaking out, etc. My wardrobe, which waz awful, was also something i was paying attention to more. I think for most guys, that's and age where u really start maturing and paying attention 2 certain things.

lol. ok... thank all of U guys for the input, it sorta helps me abit more.. .because his older brothers never even asked.. they just started on their own... lol

He really has the greatest personality, and when he was much younger, always took a noticeable effort,... and emphasized on how he wants to be a gentleman,.. he would always open doors for ladies etc... and im glad he's at least THINKING...and asking questions .

His 13 year old brother... oh man. whole nother story... :shakehead: funniest thing.. is two brothers, TOTALLY different personalities ...

thx again guys...

~ cookie

Edited by 3cookies

I think it's a really good thing that he's open with u. That means he's more likely 2 be open about other thing, much more imporant things, in this important years filled with growing pains. I for one didn't talk 2 my parents alot start at that age and i really regret it now. I learned alot of things on my own, some of them the hard way...so that open communication is a really good thing.

• Admin

I think it's a really good thing that he's open with u. That means he's more likely 2 be open about other thing, much more imporant things, in this important years filled with growing pains. I for one didn't talk 2 my parents alot start at that age and i really regret it now. I learned alot of things on my own, some of them the hard way...so that open communication is a really good thing.

:iagree: Good post.