JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Slipknot sell more than the game

JamesUK

I just read about this and i'd like to say take that hip hop mwhaha

i have been saying for about a year now that rap has had it's time for now and that it's time for another genre to be more popular

I think Slipknot sucks...i can't say i've ever been a fan of The Game. Music in general is incredibly boring due 2 the lack of true artists. I can't say i watch the charts until one of my favorite artists drops and album...and that's just 2 see how the public responds 2 that paticular album.

If your a rap fan who is gutted over the game not outselling slipknot, you are not really a hip hop head.First of all nobody is supposed to care so much about an artist who is pretty much dabbling in formulaic mediocrity. A true hip hop head knows that well into the mid nineties, hip hop which was truly exceptional or exciting wouldn't ever sell as much as a mainstream artist...illmatic, ressonable doubt, ready to die...all criminally undersold but gathered nerdy cult followings and eventually generated great sales...

If your a rap fan who is gutted over the game not outselling slipknot, you are not really a hip hop head.First of all nobody is supposed to care so much about an artist who is pretty much dabbling in formulaic mediocrity. A true hip hop head knows that well into the mid nineties, hip hop which was truly exceptional or exciting wouldn't ever sell as much as a mainstream artist...illmatic, ressonable doubt, ready to die...all criminally undersold but gathered nerdy cult followings and eventually generated great sales...

this is true.

Not to be pedantic, well maybe a little, but Ready To Die sold well from the get go.

But I agree with your general point :)

Not to be pedantic, well maybe a little, but Ready To Die sold well from the get go.

But I agree with your general point :)

Oh my bad...I remember hearing a Talib Kweli interview where he said that early Biggie didn't sell well at all...But I can imagine that stuff like "Big Poppa" and "One more Chance" were big hits...

Guest Guestastic

It was a comeback album for Slipknot, on the back of some huge festival dates. It was bound to sell loads.

Nu-Metal is well and truly dead though, and they no that now thank god.

Right im off back to bed, where i hope i don't continue to throw up. (Will explain another time)

Kev (on my housemates PC so not signed in) Tastic