JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Gabriele Muccino Directing Family Story What I Know About Love

Sandy

Gabriele Muccino Directing Family Story What I Know About Love

August 13, 2008

by Alex Billington

After showing us how amazing Will Smith was at drama back in 2006 with The Pursuit of Happyness, Gabriele Muccino has since picked up quite a few other projects, including another Will Smith film titled Seven Pounds due out this holiday. Muccino's latest is titled What I Know About Love, a film described as a modern day Kramer vs. Kramer. Muccino himself explains it best: "It's the story of a family's collapse, but with the complexity that relationships have today. It's a different world now, one that I think is more open and more destructive somehow." Smith's production company, Overbrook Entertainment, might potentially produce and Smith is expected to be involved, but no casting has been confirmed yet.

Despite mot people probably only know Muccino from Pursuit of Happyness, he's known for exploring the difficulties of romantic couplings as well as parent-child relationships in both English language and Italian films. What I Know About Love doesn't really have anything to do with the 1979 custody film Kramer vs. Kramer, but it was referenced because this one will similarly "seek to explore the wounds of divorce and single parenthood." As much as I enjoy Muccino's ideas and storytelling aptitude, it's the actors and he chooses and locations in the stories that make or break each film. And if Love doesn't end up with a solid cast that will actually make me interested, then I'm going to end up quickly forgetting about it.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/08/13/gab...now-about-love/

Edited by Sandy