JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The actress who played "Aunt Viv" talks about Will, says she hopes he's changed, etc...

Pinot

• Members

Sorry if already posted

"A new interview with Essence magazine, actress Janet Hubert (AKA the first Aunt Viv) dished the dirt ... Here's what they're reporting:

Q: The reports were you and Will didn’t get along. Is that true?

Aunt Viv: We got along fine. We had so much fun on that set. That’s why I was so shocked. But there was something about Will at that time that I hope has changed. He always had to win. He has an unbelievable competitive spirit.

Q: How did all of that affect your career?

Aunt Viv: I actually wrote a book, “Murder of a Sitcom Mother.” I needed to set the record straight for my son. [but I’m not] going to publish the book because my soul is healed. I’m getting a chance to talk to you, to talk to the public and to let people hear my side, finally, 15 years later. It was devastating what happened to me afterwards. Unbelievable things happened. It was horrible.

Google.Com

She makes it seem like Will had her blacklisted out of Hollywood. Will didn't even have that type of pull back in the day to do something like that. He could today but back in '92, no way.

She really needs to get over this for real. It's making her look like a sore loser. Nobody else on the show from the actors to the directors & producers ever took her side.

You know, from the very first episode on I had this feeling that there was something ''not ok'' with her.

So the first 2 seasons Will was a great kid and suddenly the 3rd season he wanted to blacklist her ? Yes, because during one of Wills busiest times ever (with family, Trey, movies and music on top of his TV-show) all he wanted to do was blacklist her...yeah right.

Why did she sue Will and the studio whilest still working for them ?

Why did she lose the lawsuit ? Because she was wrong. So...the court wanted to blacklist her too ?

She got pregnant without letting the show know so they found out about it later on when all the programming and planning had been made long before....they still didn't fire her immediately and let her finish her contract.

I think this is a case of jealousy. During the first 2 seasons Will was a rookie in the game, didn't have as much as fame, during the end of season 2 and from season 3 on Will became huge and I think Janets ego got in the way. She just couldn't take Wills success. Well she should've been happy for Will instead of being so selfish. I suppose she thought the show was called Aunt viv of bel-air, but in reality it's Wills show The fresh prince of bel-air. She thought she was bigger then she really was.

And the way she keeps talking about Will, not a nice thing to do.

All I intended to write in the first place were just 3 words '' What A B....''.

You know, from the very first episode on I had this feeling that there was something ''not ok'' with her.

So the first 2 seasons Will was a great kid and suddenly the 3rd season he wanted to blacklist her ? Yes, because during one of Wills busiest times ever (with family, Trey, movies and music on top of his TV-show) all he wanted to do was blacklist her...yeah right.

Why did she lose the lawsuit ? Because she was wrong. So...the court wanted to blacklist her too ?

She got pregnant without letting the show know so they found out about it later on when all the programming and planning had been made long before....they still didn't fire her immediately and let her finish her contract.

I think this is a case of jealousy. During the first 2 seasons Will was a rookie in the game, didn't have as much as fame, during the end of season 2 and from season 3 on Will became huge and I think Janets ego got in the way. She just couldn't take Wills success. Well she should've been happy for Will instead of being so selfish. I suppose she thought the show was called Aunt viv of bel-air, but in reality it's Wills show The fresh prince of bel-air. She thought she was bigger then she really was.

I totally agree with you, Typhoon20.

Teaming her up with Ready rock C. LOL, that's great.

I absolutely agree u!

Nice post!

I never really knew about these problems...very interesting!

Edited by E - Style-Greesy - E

tim ur stupid. LOLOL. RRC is prolly reading that.. but I FEEL U. I dont like it when Ready and I talk, and Will pops into the conversation. Will and Jeff is my first love. cant deal with that... we can't be friends, cuz i dont wanna hear no negativity about my boyz...

um... HEY READY ROCC! :welcome4:

LOL

first off. All of u are wrong to jump on her by saying 'she should let it go'.. when if u read the initial interview... ESSENCE MAGAZINE ASKED HER a question. YES, you do have VALID points because she SHOULD have said, 'Im over this, and Im healed, and Id much prefer to not discuss it". That would have been the wisest thing for her to say, BUT. She did not bring it up first... so dont bash her THAT bad. Everybody dont think as intellectually as you guys do.. lol

Secondly. Even back then, Will did have abit of pull... contrary to popular beliefs, it's just magnified tenfold because of his dedication to his work, his talents, and his magnetic personality. She obviously had issues with herself because he was the 'star', and wanted more recognition, pay, or say in the scripts,... which was more likely the real issue at hand.. and not so much of Will having a competitive spirit, but her own self having a competitive spirit not measuring up to Will's love for his work...

Thats basically a huge compliment, because of Will's competitive spirit, look at his success and look at where she is.. um... Where is she by the way? lol

Its just jealousy. all i can say from personal knowledge .. is Will is beautiful. He loves the people that he works with and surround him and ...

He's just fukkin bomb.... and has the most HUGE giving heart. Him AND Jada.... Thas all i can say. and thats all I am going to say.

and because of that FACT.... and PERSONAL PERSONAL knowledge... I conclude the first aunt VIV has MAJOUR MAJOUR issues that she needs to solve.. or have solved from what I read... Will is NOTHING Like she has tried to describe, and condemn him... and it really pisses me off....

Let it go already...as u guys say.. lol

CARRY ON SOLDIERS

:fencing:

xo,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies