JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith as SUPERMAN

Alien

i have not posted in a long time...

anyhow, Will finally confirmed a while back that he was offered the role of Superman in the last superman movie. (if you have not heard about it, look it up cause it was awesome!) i wanna know if anyone knows which director offered him the role? the original director of the film was Bret Ratner who went to make X-men 3, and so Bryan Singer left X-men and did Superman instead. anyone who which one of these guys was confirmed as the director when they offered superman to Will Smith?

While the project was under Brett Ratner's supervision, actors Josh Hartnett, Paul Walker, Matthew Bomer, Brendan Fraser, Ashton Kutcher, David Boreanaz, Ian Somerhalder, Henry Cavill, Jerry O'Connell and Hayden Christensen were considered for the part of Superman. Brett Ratner left the project primarily because he and Warner Bros. executives could not agree on whom to cast as Superman.

Source:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/trivia

So it was Bryan Singer who offered Will the role of Superman.

it is true that he was offered the part but i'm pretty sure i saw on one of the extras that Brandon Routh was Singers only choice