JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New album

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Sometimes in life we can't do what we want. I'm sure someone can relate 2 that. He's acting on where he head is at at the moment. I hate that there isn't any new music but know where he's coming from. I do believe we'll get more music...that's why i'm not as bitter as half of the board.

Aj are you hearing what will is saying????

"I don't want the music or any of those other mistresses to get in the way of my true love." - Will Smith

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008...round-as-actor/

I don't know, it's quotes like this that make me lose respect a little bit. It's cool that he's found a new passion and I'm not saying he always needs to have music in his life but we've heard him say that music is his true passion now this. It almost lowers the quality of his music when you listen to it and he says stuff like "the day i retire is the day i expire" but its obviously not true. I'll enjoy his music and i enjoy some his movies, though i usually support his movies to support his music if that makes any sense but he'll still be one of my favorite rappers.

I haven't heard any quotes like that. It does kinda annoy me 2 hear things like that. It's all about phases and perspectives. Hopefully his perspective on his career is just a phase. When u wanna be great at 1 thing, u need 2 focus on that 100%. I agree with that. But there is a time and a place for each thing. I used 2 write and rap all of the time. Ever since i was 11. I slowed down around 16 and pretty much stopped at 22. I started acting when i was 16 and didn't start getting really good until 2003. I'm no celebrity, but 2 look at that and compare it 2 the 'Prince makes perfect sense in my head. I wrapped my best show ever this summer and me and my cousin started writing and rapping again. As the months have progress, we haven't kept up as much and i'm not having as much fun with it so i'm already planning more acting.

As an artistic person, it's just impossible 2 be truely great at everything. U want 2 be, it just doesn't work. Sometimes u enter those seasons where it seems u can do it all, but those are just seasons. They end and then u have 2 plan smart and follow your heart. FP has been torn away from so many of the things that make him feel motivated and a part of Hip-Hop. The commerical side of Rap is what is at easy access and nearly all of that is pure trash. I understand his lack of motivation. He'll continue acting for the rest of his life. Let's just hope this is a season where his acting will take the front seat and that other things related 2 music are in the future.

This is highly dissapointing to read. I have lost abit of love for the guy reading this. A bold statement to make but there is no way when Will is 50 he'll want to pick up the mic again.

A real loss.

He can act until he is 60 or 70 years old, so he got a lot of time and the potential to work on his acting ability and variety. Even if he does not achieve GOAT status, he would be mentioned with one of the greatest (Sidney Poitier, Denzel Washington,..), in rap music no one besides us the JJ+FP community would do that. And co-sign with Turntable!

• Admin

This is highly dissapointing to read. I have lost abit of love for the guy reading this. A bold statement to make but there is no way when Will is 50 he'll want to pick up the mic again.

A real loss.

Yeah its very tough reading that quote from Will..never thought he'd say that..because it goes against everything he's said in his albums, which is a very personal thing.. The movies is Will just playing a part.. the albums are 100% Will..