JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New album

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I think its not worth holding your breath for anything any time soon. He is way too focused on acting at the moment. He wants that Oscar and will continue to pursue it until he gets it. Any deviation will be seen as a missed opportunity to Will. It's just SOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating that he is so inconsistent with his answers and replies. Even when we asked him, himself he said he won' be giving up and then in the next breath is he has n desire to get back into music?? What is that about....just be consistent! That's all I ask. At least we know where we stand instead of having to guess all the time...........rant over.

This is from an interview I posted:

What's next?

Absolutely nothing; I am currently unemployed. A lot of things are in development, but nothing I'm committed to. I'd say it looks like I probably won't have a movie next year.

Will 2009 be the year Will is back to music?

This is from another interview:

What's going on with the Fresh Prince and your music?

I feel like these next 10 years are going to be my acting sweet spot. Malcolm Gladwell has a new book out called Outliers, and he talks about the concept of 10,000 hours being the amount of time it takes for someone to become good at something. I feel like I've just completed my 10,000th hour of filmmaking, and now I feel like I'm ready to take a journey to be great. So I feel like these next 10 years are going to be a real sweet spot for me as an artist. I want to stay focused on the acting. I don't want the music or any of those other mistresses to get in the way of my true love.

Whatever happened to DJ Jazzy Jeff?

We perform maybe six or seven times a year. We performed after the Hancock premiere; we performed in South African for Nelson Mandela.

:shakehead:

• Admin

So Will basically lied to us? "movies just a chick on the side" ?? I thought music was his true love now he's saying acting is and rapping is his mistress? someone needs to smack Will upside the head..he's forgotten where he came from :puke: :thumbdown: :protest: :protest:

• Admin

No it's not a new interest..he says his true love is acting and music is a mistres...this goes against everything he's been saying in his records for the last twenty years...I don't mind him focusin on movies but he doesn't need to marginalise or devalue his music and music career in the process

So Will basically lied to us? "movies just a chick on the side" ?? I thought music was his true love now he's saying acting is and rapping is his mistress? someone needs to smack Will upside the head..he's forgotten where he came from :puke: :thumbdown: :protest: :protest:

And isn't it funny how Will has said ''There's nothing worse than a dirty stinking liar'' what an hypocrite

and i think that Will has forgotton that if it wasn't for music he never would have made it into acting

Edited by analogue

Sometimes in life we can't do what we want. I'm sure someone can relate 2 that. He's acting on where he head is at at the moment. I hate that there isn't any new music but know where he's coming from. I do believe we'll get more music...that's why i'm not as bitter as half of the board.

It was him calling the music the mistress and the acting his true love. It was the other way around last year. Ok if he doesnt want to do it anymore then thats fine but dont (like Tim said) devalue the music. I think so many people have told him hes a better actor than a rapper hes started to believe it himself.