JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Need info on The Roots mixtape jazzy Jeff did in the 90's

• Members

I believe that Jazzy Jeff produced a mixtape for the Roots that contain tracks from the album Things Fall Apart (an album in which Jeff appeared as a guest.) I remember seeing one of these on cassette in 1999 at a Roots concert, but I was unable to get one.

Does anyone have this mix tape? Can anyone provide me with details about it (such as the title, the tracks, any catalog numbers) so I can attempt to buy an original somewhere on the net?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Hayes

Edited by tomhayes

• Admin

you cant buy it anywhere..but I do have it..basically its just a mix of things fall apart..goes for about half an hour.. I've actually made an mp3 of it..its tape quality though.. if you give me a couple of days i'll upload it for you

you cant buy it anywhere..but I do have it..basically its just a mix of things fall apart..goes for about half an hour.. I've actually made an mp3 of it..its tape quality though.. if you give me a couple of days i'll upload it for you

:wiggle: hha i wont it too :jazzy:

• Admin

Damn I'm listening to this again and its bloody good So much better than I remembered. Jeff actually mixes in a lot of older roots tracks which I didn't remember. Uploading now, so I'll post it shortly.

• Admin

This mixtape reminds me of how good the roots were and how things literally fell apart since that album. Malik B and Black thought going back and forth was the roots and losing malik b they really lost a lot and the complete abandonment of jazz music didn't help either..

Anyway for your enjoyment

Things Fallen Apart mixed by Jazzy Jeff

https://www.yousendit.com/download/TTdHSkhldzhoeWJIRGc9PQ

Guest Tom Hayes

Damn I'm listening to this again and its bloody good So much better than I remembered. Jeff actually mixes in a lot of older roots tracks which I didn't remember. Uploading now, so I'll post it shortly.

Thanks for uploading this. is there any possible way for you to scan the case, or to maybe just detail all "identifying" marks and titles on it (catalog number, exact name of tape, etc.0

I'd really like to obtain an original and it might help my search.

Thanks for all the help 9and the MP3.)

-Tom

• 1 month later...
Guest Matttuton

Any chance you could re post that Mixtape, the link seems to have aexpired

I would be forever in your debt, I had a copy of the tape years ago and it was cruelly ripped from my grasp during a move.

Mann many thanks in advance

matt

This mixtape reminds me of how good the roots were and how things literally fell apart since that album. Malik B and Black thought going back and forth was the roots and losing malik b they really lost a lot and the complete abandonment of jazz music didn't help either..

Anyway for your enjoyment

Things Fallen Apart mixed by Jazzy Jeff

https://www.yousendit.com/download/TTdHSkhldzhoeWJIRGc9PQ