JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

$600 MILLION FOR HANCOCK

TopDawg14

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wrong TD, there are no "blind fanboys" on ws.com either.

Yes there is! Not everyone, but there is!

Well, there can be exceptions of course, it happens on this site too, but in general I wouldn't say there are many blind fanboys over there. It's just that ws.com has always had a bad reputation, but that doesn't mean you can't find relevant opinions about Will's movies on that site.

I like WWW, dont make me start a topic about this subject again, lol

Nobody wants that :noooo:

I'm with Visqo on this one. I don't want to rehash WWW. It was bad. Not even Will's acting could have saved that movie. Same goes with Bagger Vance.

Hancock is better than MIB2, Bagger Vance, and WWW.

even though WWW IS a Fun movie.

We have to realize that not all movies have to have great plots or great acting, the whole point is to take us away from our problems and JUST HAVE A LITTLE FUN.

You're wrong TD, there are no "blind fanboys" on ws.com either.

Yes there is! Not everyone, but there is!

Well, there can be exceptions of course, it happens on this site too, but in general I wouldn't say there are many blind fanboys over there. It's just that ws.com has always had a bad reputation, but that doesn't mean you can't find relevant opinions about Will's movies on that site.

You yourself have gone from "No blind fanboys" to "I wouldn't say there are many blind fanboys". So case in point there is blind fanboys over there. But, there is good and bad on every forum, as you said, its just more noticeable on WS.com because it's the official site and therefore has more members and there is more knowledge of its existence.

Early Hancock estimates according to Box Office Mojo.

Domestic: $165,034,000

Overseas: $180,200,000

Worldwide: $345,234,000

Thanks for the BoxOfficeMojo numbers.

Hancock did better than expected this past weekend although it finished #2 this past weekend to Hellboy II. Hellboy II pulled in $35.9 million while Hancock pulled in $33 million. It was only at 47% drop from last weekend. What's more interesting is that Saturday Hancock was #1 with $12.8 million to Hellboy's $11.7 million.

Hancock now has pulled in $165 million in the U.S. and should cross the $200 million mark before its run is over. Overseas, Hancock continues its dominance as it pulled in over $100 million in a week. It now seems capable of pulling in well over $250 million overseas and possibly $300 million by the end of its run.

• Members

Wow 33 in its second weekend:O!! It does have legs:O!!! Ps. I think begger Vance is one of Wills best movies! I don't understand why so many of the people on this forum disagree. I thought his acting was amazing, the story was amazing, and it really spoke to me! I thought Will flexed his acting muscles quite well in that one! I mean he played an Angel and did it with flair!!:)

Wow 33 in its second weekend:O!! It does have legs:O!!!

Yeah... it certainly does. Hancock has had good word of mouth buzz, so people are still going to see it... Plus, not everyone goes to the movies during the 4th of July week/weekend. Some people want to avoid the crowds, so people who may have wanted to see it are seeing it now.

Hancock did better than expected this past weekend although it finished #2 this past weekend to Hellboy II. Hellboy II pulled in $35.9 million while Hancock pulled in $33 million. It was only at 47% drop from last weekend. What's more interesting is that Saturday Hancock was #1 with $12.8 million to Hellboy's $11.7 million.

I wouldn't be surprised if the actuals of Hellboy is less than 35 and Hancock is close to 35.

Dang, this is a beast overseas. I'm extremely happy for Will (not so much for the movie). This just proves that Will Smith = box-office gold. He's reaching that status (which no actor ever got to, even Cruise or Hanks) where he's above the production companies in terms of power. He can make any movie he wants to do, he can work with any director he wants to work with, and he can have any budget he wants (ok I'm exaggerating but you get the point).