JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

So what did everyone think of Hancock?

Jazzy Julie

So I just got back from the theater and... I'm a little bit frustrated!

Overall, I enjoyed a lot this movie, loved the concept, Will's great, very good ideas, great jokes.

But I'm feeling frustrated because I think the whole end of the movie was not as good as the first hour.

All in all, it's great entertainment, far above average, and I had a great time watching it but I got a feeling that if the end would have been written differently, this movie would have gone classic..

7/10

Cookie : I keep votin for Kel each and everyday :thumbsup:

Well, we all are glad to hear that, thank u 4 joining us in this... and u can actually vote way more than once aday, if u get to the voting poll at the right times. lol. look. Just dont tell nobody that I encouraged u to go against the rules.. :thumbsup: welcome to the board...

Re: Hancock.. dang, I guess that I'm the main person whose enjoyed the movie from beginning to end,... or maybe I was just dying to see something new from Will. so im sorry u guys didnt like it as much as I did. now with this said.. this is a prime example of why i dont care for 'critics'... we have soo many varying degrees of our takes on the movie, just on the board alone.....

I just hope the folks who hasnt seen it, doesnt go into the theatres with a 'pre~conceived' idea that the movie isn't all that good... before giving it a chance...

xo,

cookie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really loved it too cookies. So much so that it may be in my top 5 Will movies. It was probably the funniest ive seen and i enjoyed the ending. i cant really understand why people dont like it to be honest.

i think a lot of people from here liked it, they're just not as vocal as the ones that didnt lol.

i really loved it too cookies. So much so that it may be in my top 5 Will movies. It was probably the funniest ive seen and i enjoyed the ending. i cant really understand why people dont like it to be honest.

i think a lot of people from here liked it, they're just not as vocal as the ones that didnt lol.

SEE THERE!!!! :gettinjiggywitit: Im with you Ms. Julie 100% on this. I personally can't see why people didn't like the ending, i was all teary when Will was hurt... awww. i can't stand movies when he gets hurt. LOLOL.. but I loved it from beginning to end... and im like u, its definitely in my top WS movies,... especially for the infamous Will Smith 4th of July weekend. He may not have saved the world from aliens, but he gave it the perfect twyst. lol. it drew sooooo many people from a variety of background.. thats whassup..

Julie. im glad ur with me on this. :thumbsup: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

xo,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

I think the movie was very well made, I personally prefer it to I am Legend.

I also liked that it made (me at least) think that Will was dead. I thought "Oh snap, two Will movies in a row and he's dead?" But I think it was also very funny, which is a rare thing is movies lately, so overall It was a good flick.

I saw the movie and I thought it was pretty good. It was good entertainment. When it comes to summer movies I just want to be entertained and that's what Hancock is - good entertainment.

I don't know if I would put it in my top 5 Will Smith movies like Julie... but it's pretty close. I think I like MIB, Legend, I, Robot, Enemy Of The State and Hitch ahead of Hancock.

I saw the movie yesterday with a bunch of friends. They all liked it, but I was a bit disappointed! All the good jokes were in the trailer and you could see the plot twist coming from miles away. I also had the feeling that the writers or director couldn't make up their minds...are we making a comedy or a drama? I have seen better movies from Will. It's not a bad movie per se, but it will never be my favorite will smith movie.

Just saw it finally. Im was pleased enough. Decent movie.

Not sure it knew what kind of film it wanted to be, but guess that kind of worked in a way.

I thought it was alright. It was really funny, but the story seemed a bit strange to me... When Hancock and (I forgot her name!) were together before, why didn't they loose there powers? I dunno, it was okay... worth seeing...

• Members

Yay, I finally watched it!!! I have to rewatch it though cuz I saw it alone the day after my girlfriend broke up with me so I don't exactly have the nicest memories when it comes to that first viewing;)

Still, I think it was pretty great. Not perfect, but great! Of course most of it relied on Will and he carried it so well. It was an interesting breath of fresh air to watch him play that kind of character: unlikable, addicted, offensive and sarcastic.

Charlize and Jason were amazing as well. Each of them had an important part to add to the entire story and they rocked the s**t out of their roles.

What I loved about the film was how original it was. It was unlike anything we've ever seen on the big screen. A very interesting idea in fact! Wonder what it was like before the hundreds of rewrites....

Now, the stuff I didn't like.

The shaky cam - WAY too much of it. Anybody suffering from motion sickness should stay away from this movie. I know that sometimes the whole "handheld camera" thing works magic but this time it was just too much off it.

My biggest complaint about the movie is that it was too short. I didn't mind the jumping between genres because every part of the movie worked on its own. The comedy was funny, the action was cool and the drama was intense and believable. So no, I don't think (like many of our precious reviewers) that the filmmakers didn't know what movie they wanted to make. Every part worked but it was just happening way too fast. The upside is that the movie isn't boring but the huge downside is that parts of the movie seem underdeveloped. Maybe the director's cut will be better :)

The music was cool, the CGI was perfect and I love the fact that one of the funniest scenes was not in the trailers (Will, Charlize and the rolling pin scene in the kitchen behind Jason's back).

All in all I give the movie a solid 8 out of 10! Not as good as I Am Legend but definitely worth watching.

Cheers

To be honest i found Jason Bateman pretty one dimensional. I don't highly rate him as an actor from what i've seen him in to be honest. He's not bad just not that good.

To be honest i found Jason Bateman pretty one dimensional. I don't highly rate him as an actor from what i've seen him in to be honest. He's not bad just not that good.

We are at complete odds. He has shown an ability to play many roles, sometimes at once. He can be the quirky realist, the concerned father, the selfish brother, the family man, the company man, the schemer, the dismissive family member, the wholesome guy, etc.

I think what he is best at though, is that quirky character. So studios write towards that character.