JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay Z vs Noel Gallagher (Of Oasis)

Vipa

Backstory: Apparently Jay Z was asked to headline The Glastonbury Music Festival in Europe...

“If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. If you start to break it then people aren’t going to go. I’m sorry' date=' but Jay-Z? No chance… Glastonbury has a tradition of guitar music and even when they throw the odd curve ball in on a Sunday night you go ‘Kylie Minogue?’ I don’t know about it. But I’m not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It’s wrong.” -Noel Gallagher [of Oasis']

So Jay had a little fun with that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck5srO6S-qI

A "Cover" of "Wonderwall", by Oasis...Then he performed "99 Problems"... :lolsign:

Edited by Vipa

Noel Gallagher sounds like the old guy who says "back in my day they had real music". To even allow those words to come out of his mouth shows just how ignorant he is. So everybody is just supposed to respect him & Oasis and their genre of music while they piss on music that's not "guitar music?" He sounds like an idiot and I thought it was classic how Jay-Z owned him during his performance.

Well oasis are idiots, but they are musical genious's

i should point out that i'm not a hip hop fan, and am a fan of "guitar music", i have no problem with jay z headlining the fesival he is one of a very few rappers who can put on a show

that said it was a brilliant idea to come out to that song, but the crowd was singing along rather than cheering for what he was doing so maybe it didn't go that well

and also i've seen the entire gig, the crowd didn't sing along to any of his songs as well they don't know any, which is why even if you have it noel gallagher isn't completly wrong

thats just my 1pence anyway

and also i've seen the entire gig, the crowd didn't sing along to any of his songs as well they don't know any, which is why even if you have it noel gallagher isn't completly wrong

thats just my 1pence anyway

Did you see the show? :shakehead:

The crowd was into him. They did sing along with his songs....guess you will have to watch it again on YouTube or something!