JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will puts music on hold

I really don't understand why Will has to stop rapping at a certain age. If his voice still holds out and he can still make quality music there should be no reason for him to stop. Will could be rapping at the age of 70 and i could care less as long as he makes good quality material

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand why Will has to stop rapping at a certain age. If his voice still holds out and he can still make quality music there should be no reason for him to stop. Will could be rapping at the age of 70 and i could care less as long as he makes good quality material

:yeahthat: There are a lot of great musicians who do music at age 70 and beyond, the true artists don't stop what they love to do... Besides "Lost and Found" did very well for record sales these days and anytime really, how many other artists could go platinum or gold with every single album, that's very hard to do, not many do that, if 30 million record sales over 20+ years ain't good enough then what the hell is, for him to disregard his rapping career like that is a slap to us music fans and that's why we're mad, I want him to clarify that statement myself, it pisses me off really... I agree with Tim's point about how Will could do both effectively if he wanted to, he could put out the top album and movie of the year in the same year, it's been done in '93 so why can't it be done again, Will's great at both rapping and acting so why should he have to stop either

My guess is that he wants to win an oscar first and then make some new music. He really wants to win an oscar one day. That's why he did movies like Ali and Persuit.

Can't say I'm happy with the situation, I want some new music, but I will always support his movies and what not! I'm a JJFP fan, even in the bad days!

Well I'm personally not gonna stop being a fan of Will but that doesn't mean I have to like everything he does either, time will tell what's gonna happen

I agree with Tim's point about how Will could do both effectively if he wanted to, he could put out the top album and movie of the year in the same year, it's been done in '93 so why can't it be done again, Will's great at both rapping and acting so why should he have to stop either

Caus Will is much more of a fammily man now. The man got older, his kids are getting older. He work very hard for the last 20 years, pushing music and movies all the time. If he just6 wants to chill, let the man, cant hate on that. Let him enjoy his fammily and his acting. He'll do some music sooner or later anyway when the time is right.

I'm not saying he shouldn't. I'm saying he won't.

God Blessa!

damn m really ashamed..iam a true suppoter but i dont see Will rappin in the next 4-5..he will be 45..rappin at that age for him? it's a damn shame.Everyone has always been sayin he a better actor than musician..apparently he just proved em all right..but I aint hatin on Will coz i got nothing but love.

Yeah that's what's sad right here.

He proved them all right but he had to go ahead and proof them all wrong by makin' more music and showin' them who's the best emcee there is!

When Will makes comments like ''I think i'm a better actor than musician'' and ''I'm not gonna be doing much music anymore'' i feel as if he's giving into the haters who keep saying that he's a beter actor than rapper and that he should just quit music

I don't think he's giving in to the "haters". I just think that he's put his energy into acting right now. When you put your energy into one thing and really excel at it then you'll make comments like that. I'm sure he believes he's a better actor at this point in his life. That doesn't mean he not a good rapper it just means he's devoted to the acting craft.

I think we should just wait & see what happens. Who knows? He's got a lot more on his plate now than he did in '93. He didn't have the type of Hollywood clout that he has now. He had to continue to do music & TV because those were his avenues to get his name out there at that time. He only had 1 child instead of 3. He's dedicated to making his marriage to Jada last. All of these things(being Hollywood's #1 son, a devoted father & husband) may rank a little higher on his list than music right now and if it does, I wish him all the success in the world.

Edited by TopDawg14

• Admin

Yeah and all of his kids are school age..even if there homeschooled they would be with there teacher for a few hours..time to write some lyrics.. I mean seriously there is way too many excuses in this thread..y'all are acting like its the hardest thing to record some music while you are taking a 5 month break from movies..and it's not!

Tim, I'm not making excuses for him. I'm just saying that he may have other things on his mind & heart other than music right now. I'm just saying that whatever he wants to do then I'm cool with it as long as he's cool with it. Personally, if he decides never to record again, it won't bother me because I have nearly 20 years worth of music from him & Jeff. If he does, great! I just don't think we should be gettin' all pissed because he doesn't want to do music right now. It's really all about what he feels and I say he shouldn't do music unless he feels it and wants to do it.

Edited by TopDawg14

Yes, I think its really Tim and I who are just so infuriated right now. JJFP is my favorite rap group of all-time. Its just so sad how I think about just ten years ago he pretty much took rap music from misery (Pac + BIG deaths) and saved it by bringing the fun back into it. He was killin them on the charts while at the box office. FP can do it. He certainly can. He say he writes all the time and what not, just get into it. On the plane, at the hotel, you can always write. Yes hes got the Hollywood status but he did back then too. His studio is at his house, he also has one in a trailor too! Theres no excuses anymore. I dont think he truely even realizes the gift of rapping he has, me and my one friend Will just listen to "Brand New Funk" or "Somethin Like Dis" and the crazy wordplay, and we just think, who would've thought this would be the biggest movie star in the world...

We thought L+F was a new step musically, he said he felt the rapper was lost to the rapper and now he would be back. I really thought he would have somethin released 07-08 but apparently not. Hes at album number 9, he needs one more just to bang that 10th one out. Do an album, do a tour, go out on top. All over the internet you see people want JJFP ...from AllHipHop to Youtube people go "man i wish rap was still like this" or "damnn this was what rap was all about" ..he can still sell. I just know hes getting older and I just want one last album, you always do from your fav artists...L+F just didnt do it for me. I'm starving for more.

I'm sure theres more to it than what we know, we really need Jeff to nag his tail. We ALL know theres at least one track for Hancock, its a known fact. Get it out there...and what about Mendellas birthday? He'll prolly just host now... : ( How do you see all these musicians at the show and not get hyped?