JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ice-T going at Soulja Boy

Turntable

By Illseed

When Ice-T called out Soulja Boy, I knew it was going to quickly spiral and degrade into something completely unproductive for Hip-Hop. So let us examine briefly and then engage in some productive dialogue.

Earlier in the week, 50-year-old Ice-T boldly released a viral video where he said, “F**k Soulja Boy! Eat a d**k!” The words were in part promotion for a new mixtape with DJ Cisco, but the words rang true for many in Hip-Hop – older and younger.

Between the lines:

“This n***a single handedly killed Hip Hop. That s**t is such garbage man. We came all the way from Rakim, we came all the way from Das EFX, we came all the way from mother f***ers flowing like Big Daddy Kane and Ice Cube, and you come with that Superman ****? That s**t is garbage.”

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I heard about it. Soulja Boy also had a response...

“This nigga Ice-T is old as ****! This nigga old enough to be my grandfather. He’s the forefather of my nuts. I Wikipedia’d this nigga, he was born in 1958. This nigga says he’s from the west coast, nigga, you was born in New Jersey! Mr. Tracy Lauren Morrow, you was born three centuries ago, my nigga!”

“Quit nigga, why you still rappin’ for dog? Nobody wanna hear that **** no more. The reality of it is that the game has changed, there’s new nigga’s out, there’s young nigga’s eatin’, and nobody wanna hear that old **** no more. There are people who still want to hear it but they just ain’t dead yet. They old as **** like you.”

“You was wrong for that. Think about it in my shoes. This time last year I was poor as ****. I was in the hood, I was in the ghetto. If what you living is true, you would understand where I’m coming from…I’m 17 years old, I worked hard for this ****. Even if I got all this off one song, you should be congratulating me. Real talk, you should be telling me congratulations young brother, get your money. That’s what you should be saying, instead of 'eat a dick.'”

Source: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.7156...s-back-at-ice-t

This time last year I was poor as ****. I was in the hood, I was in the ghetto. If what you living is true, you would understand where I’m coming from…I’m 17 years old, I worked hard for this ****.

Man, I know I'm old but... Poor little 17 year old crappy rapper worked so hard to make a ring tone!

Soulja Boy is a living joke. There's not one redeemable quality that he posesses. Ice-T is right...he is garbage. Ice-T is a pioneer and has every right 2 call out some young scum who wants 2 pretend that he knows something about Hip-Hop. And when u willingly say that u have to look up info on a Hip-Hop legend online, u show your lack of Hip-Hop knowledge...so sad.

All in all, it may have stretched Soulja Boy just a bit. If he actually wrote something back about Ice-T, it means Soulja Boy wrote is first lyric about something. Something that actually had focus.

And of course u would think it's corny Turntable, u have to defend all of the commerical rappers.

I may have to agree with Turntable on this one. Ice T is a respected veteran in the game and it's beneath him to call out a 17-year-old ringtone rapper. Why even acknowledge Soulja Boy? Anybody with any real knowledge of hip-hop knows Soulja Boy, like Lil Wayne, is straight garbage. There's no need to acknowledge that they even matter.

That's like Jordan calling out Sebastian Telfair(FYI: He came to the NBA straight out of high school and has become a bust in the NBA). It's like Peyton Manning calling out Rex Grossman. Everybody knows these dudes suck so why even acknowledge their presence.

Edited by TopDawg14

Soulja Boy is a living joke. There's not one redeemable quality that he posesses. Ice-T is right...he is garbage. Ice-T is a pioneer and has every right 2 call out some young scum who wants 2 pretend that he knows something about Hip-Hop. And when u willingly say that u have to look up info on a Hip-Hop legend online, u show your lack of Hip-Hop knowledge...so sad.

All in all, it may have stretched Soulja Boy just a bit. If he actually wrote something back about Ice-T, it means Soulja Boy wrote is first lyric about something. Something that actually had focus.

And of course u would think it's corny Turntable, u have to defend all of the commerical rappers.

I dont even consider Soulja Boy a Rapper. He's like a part entertainert or something to me. Thats why I thought its corny. if Ice wants to blame anyboy for destroying Hip Hop, he should go at 50, Wayne or somebody like that, not Soulja Boy. Thats what lil kids listen to, nobody takes him serious.

By Illseed

When Ice-T called out Soulja Boy, I knew it was going to quickly spiral and degrade into something completely unproductive for Hip-Hop. So let us examine briefly and then engage in some productive dialogue.

Earlier in the week, 50-year-old Ice-T boldly released a viral video where he said, “F**k Soulja Boy! Eat a d**k!” The words were in part promotion for a new mixtape with DJ Cisco, but the words rang true for many in Hip-Hop – older and younger.

Between the lines:

“This n***a single handedly killed Hip Hop. That s**t is such garbage man. We came all the way from Rakim, we came all the way from Das EFX, we came all the way from mother f***ers flowing like Big Daddy Kane and Ice Cube, and you come with that Superman ****? That s**t is garbage.”

Now in my opinion that's way too much here!

I don't like Soulja Boy at all but I mean come on, if u wanna tell ur opinion then do it but in a way better language, please!

Not cursing around and every second word is a curse!

Does he think he is cool or gangsta when he does that?

my daughter did a video with Soulja Boii.. He's young and exploring his 'newness' in muzik... same thing with KYLE Smith... She's cool with him too... that doesnt mean that I have 2 digg their muzik.... or even label them as 'bad' rappers since I don't ... They're young... and on the other hand....

being a supposedly 'pioneer' in the game and a rapper thats sooo much 'older' and (wiser? possibly? )... I would think that Ice T would have more dam common sense than to make public statements like that against a much younger, and inexperienced rapper..(who may or may not be wack. who cares) when he could have kept it positive and said something to help the kid realize how he could play a very important role in impacting positively on his listeners.. Thats like pointing out someone's flaws and publicizing how ignorant u are to your own. Does Ice T have an album coming out or something? thats really NOt the way to get street cred.. old az rapper bashing on someone like that. regardless of weather or not he think Soulja Boii is wack... come on. His tail can act more civilized than that man... got dawg!

im sorry if that offended any of you guys who dont like soulja boii.. and look up to Ice T.. but theres a better way to get his point across publically.

xo,

cookie

being a supposedly 'pioneer' in the game and a rapper thats sooo much 'older' and (wiser? possibly? )... I would think that Ice T would have more dam common sense than to make public statements like that against a much younger, and inexperienced rapper..(who may or may not be wack. who cares) when he could have kept it positive and said something to help the kid realize how he could play a very important role in impacting positively on his listeners.. Thats like pointing out someone's flaws and publicizing how ignorant u are to your own. Does Ice T have an album coming out or something? thats really NOt the way to get street cred.. old az rapper bashing on someone like that. regardless of weather or not he think Soulja Boii is wack... come on. His tail can act more civilized than that man... got dawg!

As always, you bring that real talk to a conversation, Big Sis.

Edited by TopDawg14