JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ice-T going at Soulja Boy

Turntable

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its music man, you tripping. Music is something that should entertain you, for that you are supposed to care about music you like and not about music you dont like. Cooome on.. Its music, we aint talking about politics, you aint Che Guevara fighting against evil. You just some middle class dude thats pissed caus his favourite Rapper aint number one on the Billlboard charts. Spend you spare time (since you say you so busy) enjoying music you like instead of wacthing videos about acts you hate. Call me ignoraant if you wanmt, but I'm gonna go now to spend my spare time (which isnt much, caus I run a whole household myself plous 9 hours of school a day, just so you know incase you planned on frontin' again) listening to music I like, music that entertains me, music that makes me feel good, that makes me think, caus thats the whole point of music.

Edited by Turntable

Back to the topic, I dont think Ice T should have been talking about this kid. Will spent a lot of his time talking about how dumb Gangsta rap was, and now he doesnt even want to do music.

You cant expect that you like ever song that gets played in clubs, or that is popular. That wouldnt normal. With that being said, that is kinda of a bad comparison, since you are out in a club facing Soulja Boy songs getting played now and then. You didnt chose that to play caus you dont make the club playlist. Thats a complete diffrent thing than sitting behind your computer watching videos by soulja boy and stuff like that by choice even tho you hate it so much.

Edited by Turntable

You got me all wrong. You answered to a post that was for SilverTiger, and I gave you a answer refering to him. I ment him looking up soulja boy videos.

Yo haveu pretty much time on your hands to hate tho. Just use that time for something good if you so busy.

Ignorance may be bliss to you, but I prefer to face the evil head on.

God Blessa!

Its music man, you tripping. Music is something that should entertain you, for that you are supposed to care about music you like and not about music you dont like. Cooome on.. Its music, we aint talking about politics, you aint Che Guevara fighting against evil. You just some middle class dude thats pissed caus his favourite Rapper aint number one on the Billlboard charts. Spend you spare time (since you say you so busy) enjoying music you like instead of wacthing videos about acts you hate. Call me ignoraant if you wanmt, but I'm gonna go now to spend my spare time (which isnt much, caus I run a whole household myself plous 9 hours of school a day, just so you know incase you planned on frontin' again) listening to music I like, music that entertains me, music that makes me feel good, that makes me think, caus thats the whole point of music.

Turntable when crappy music is everywhere its hard to avoid. If im on a dancefloor and soulja boy comes on i cant storm off when its packed.

---

You know what I mean? Sorry if that wasnt clear.

Edited by Turntable

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.7156...s-back-at-ice-t

----

I finally watched his full response to Ice-T. First of all, Soulja Boy is complete garbage. I'm glad Ice-T actually put his foot down and spoke out about it. He should. Its the first step in taking back rap. Oh, and if Soulja Boy wikipedia'd Ice-T, why doesnt he wikipedia THE HISTORY OF RAP and learn how its done. I bet he dont even know who Rakim or Sugarhill Gang is. One thing that I did like out of Soulja Boy's response was telling Ice-T to do something! DROP AN ALBUM! DO SOME SHOWS!!! And he kept going at it telling him if he doesnt like what he sees, CHANGE IT! All this talk yet no action! Hip-Hop isnt one person, its a movement, its UNITY!

I'm so suprised no one pointed this out! I hope Ice-T does do something and others follow!

Turntable, I don't spend my hours watching crap that I don't like. I'm saying I've seen it. Doesn't mean I go looking for stuff to hate on. Just cause I've seen something I don't like doesn't mean that's my hobby (i.e. "like him looking up soulja boy videos"- I didn't "look them up" they were presented to me, get your facts straight before you try to call me out). I will defend the fact that I like to keep up with hip hop politics but that does not mean I like to go spread hate about crappy rappers. If you ask me my opinion on something though, I'm gonna give it to you!

S.I.M.P.L.E.

God Blessa!

Niiiiiiice said there, my man!!!! :thumbsup: