JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ice-T going at Soulja Boy

Turntable

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know how a person can feel like an idiot listening to a song.. It doesnt tell us much of a person selfsteem.. This kid needed some money, and found a way to earn it without killing someone or selling some drugs. People around seemed to like it and he is much probably outta our sights forever because i dont think he is doing spiderman now.. Forget about him, thats it, he earned his money and now his gone...

I dont even know why Ice T have to be talking about this guy. In his time, he was one of the guys that started the killing of hip hop by talking about drugs and OGs and killing people over nothing. This guy is only sayin how superman to him is a Ho´. Thats like a joke not to be taken seriously. A person with a sense of reality really wouldnt.

If you wanna do something good for hip hop then make a good song, and comercialize it, make it famous, invest some money in good artists, do a campain to save it. Dont be dissing other people.. At least not a 17 years old kid..

Soulja Boy is contributing to the dirt that is being done where some people think his brand of commercial rap represents Hip-Hop. For those who love Hip-Hop...u gotta strongly dislike the many people who are doing all they can just 2 get a dollar while tearing down what's left of Hip-Hop's image 2 those who aren't a big part of it. I don't see Ice-T tearing him apart as a publicity stunt. Soulja Boy really is annoying. He's speaking his mind.

Being "new" 2 rap music or being young is no justification for the wackness that idiots like Soulja Boy are making. Lupe Fiasco is a young guy, but his music is better than 98% of any Hip-Hop and Rap songs that hit the Top 40. Rappers like Soulja Boy aren't doing anything positive. They talk about nothing...sprinkled with lyrics about sex and stuff like that. I can't support anyone who doesn't show that they have a brain...something 2 share with people...soemthing 2 make people think or help them get thru' a bad day. I feel no need 2 defend or ignore people who don't deserve a record deal or fame. There are plenty of talented, positive, intellegent people who care who should be getting success...but they aren't becuz labels wanna sign flavor-of-the-month trash like Soulja Boy.

AJ, everything you just said is true. I love hip-hop and hip-hop is in me. And yeah, Ice-T has the right to call out this kid but the fact remains is that this is beneath Ice-T. Everybody knows Soulja Boy is wack and is a flash in the pan. Unfortunately you can get into the music business, make some cash and get out. The music business is the "drug game" for a lot of these rappers. It sucks that it's like this but it is.

Soulja Boy won't be here in 2-3 years. No one will remember him. We'll hear that Superman song 5 years from now and be like, "who was the kid that made that wack song?" This is why Ice-T shouldn't have acknowledged this kid. You're only giving this kid more publicity than he deserves.

I just watch the video on TMZ that was linked up 2 Shaq's freestyle. Soulja Boy's video was so annoying. I like 2 think that alot of these crappy rappers are probably decent people. That they are only idiots in their music. No, he's an annoying guy. I wouldn't associate with him in real life...ha ha. It followed up his video with one of Ice-T saying that his comment were put on that mixtape after the people he was working with asked for his opinion on Hip-Hop and Soulja Boy. Ice-T apologized for coming down on him for being some new young guy 2 the bizness but he stood his ground by saying his song was still garbage and that he's undoing the work of people like Ice-T by putting out trash like that.

even tho Ice T did the MATURE thing and apologized by the way he came down on the dude.. he has feelings just like the next rapper.... and im sure Soulja Boii may realize that he's not the most popular, and many ppl dont like what you are clearly calling 'trash'... then just dont listen to it. simple as that. I dont care what nobody says, but Ice T does NOT retain the right with his old az to bash that kid like that.. especially in his opinion.. thats like adding fuel to a spark, not even a fire... Its those sort of statements that starts unnecessary feuds and get ppl shot and killed.... and I would expect more of you in being positive too AJ, with your growth as a christian. Sure , nobody is perfect, but there is a time and place to draw a line when we see unnecessary banging down on a person whose talents clearly may not be evident or meet your standard.

Ice T need to just understand, that his 'low blow' statement won't change the boy's style of rap, his lack of 'responsibility' in his lyrical message.. but if anything.. thank himself if Soulja boii, with a young mentality... (and yes, that does come into play 4 those who believe differently) ... gets a wild hair up his @rZ and come out with even more wack muzik all because of his statement. we dont know how people's minds click... so why get bent out of shape when u waste ur OWN time listening 2 sumone u done even like?

xo,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

I dont know how a person can feel like an idiot listening to a song.. It doesnt tell us much of a person selfsteem..

Ain't got nothing to do with self esteem. If you can listen to "Yah, trick, yah!" without getting pissed off then the left side of your brain is probably planning a revolt against the right side. Good luck with that.

This kid needed some money, and found a way to earn it without killing someone or selling some drugs.

Yes, let's pat this little a-hole on the back. AJ was right. I've seen videos of this kid too and he's just as stupid in real life. This is the last person I want to have any money.

God Blessa!

I didnt think u were such a fan from the guy. I apologize then because I dont have access to personal footage and didnt buy the album either so i dont know about the song ur talking about.. This is not really the kind of topic we should be discusing in here..

AJ was right. I've seen videos of this kid too and he's just as stupid in real life.

Is your life really that boring that you need to watch soulja boy videos just hate on it afterwards? :stickpoke:

There's nothing wrong with staying abreast of the world around you, especially in areas that you're interested in, such as the state of hip-hop.