JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BREAKING NEWS! R. KELLY ACQUITTED

TopDawg14

It is a simple fact that she never complained about, she didnt want to testify and she even said it wasnt her on the video. So she doesnt seem to give a damn. Even her fammily members backed her up saying it wasnt her on the tape. And ya'll still want the guy in jail?

Oh well that makes it ok then. :willvspaparazzi: Thats the most ridiculous justification i've heard. So by your logic grown men can have sex with little girls as long as they don't complain. Would your comments still be the same if she was 12 or even 10?

I think Turntable is missing the point of this whole thing. Here in the U.S. any man over the age of 21 who has sex with anyone under the age of consent(in most states it's 17) then that man is committing statutory rape. It does not matter whether or not the minor consents to it or not, it's still rape. We have laws in the U.S. to protect minors. A lot of these girls at 14 & 15 are overdeveloped but they are still young and not mature enough to understand these things. Grown men played on the immaturity of these young girls.

In the case of R. Kelly he has a long history of this. He married Aaliyah when she was 15 and it was only when the media found out about that Aaliyah's family had the marriage annuled. He paid off not 1, not 2 but 3 girls, all underaged, who was about to rat out this dude. He has been known to drive around Kenwood High School in Chicago. Why is a grown man cruising around a high school? The man has a sickness and he needs serious help. There still may be a federal case pending against him in Florida when pictures were found by authorities in Kelly's home in Orlando with him and a 15-year-old girl. The only reason he was arrested was because it was "alleged" that the authorities obtained an illegal search.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Brakes: No, caus 12, 10 aint 14. If yould still go to school with girls at that age you'd know. Not saying its good, just saying its not anywhere near rape, and it damn sure aint 10 years (eespecaly looking at her age.. In the biggest part of europe its even allowed to have sex with 14 if the men is 24 or younger.. I'm talking zwitserland, netherlands, austria and so on. He was older, I know, this is just to give you an idea of what i'm saying) I know theyr laws call it rape, but ours dont, and the us legal system has often proven to be not anywhere near ours. If he'd live over here, there would be no case like that, he'd just would get forced to go to a shrink and he probablky would have to pay some mone. We know the diffrence between having sex with a girl that is allowed to have sex (like I allready told ya) and somebody getting raped.

And for Gods sake, I never called it okay, it just not anything that should get 10 years in my opinion. Ya'll argue based on your legal system, and thats just what I'm doing too, so ya'll cant call me out for talking crap ether.

Edited by Turntable

R. Kelly's one of the greatest artists ever but he does need help

The law says its a form of rape. Therefore it is. END OF, no f***ing excuses. Yes it could have been morally worse but that is not the point. What he did was illegal and morally wrong.

He has been known to drive around Kenwood High School in Chicago. Why is a grown man cruising around a high school? The man has a sickness and he needs serious help.

That's exactly it man, he needs help. Pedophilia isn't something that someone just comes to one day and it isn't something that someone just passes on the next. It is a sickness and if it isn't treated, it'll continue.

Btw, Turntable, where are you from?

I think that's the best way 2 put it. I won't back down on my statement that she should be paying the same price that he is. U can be older and say she's a big victim who can't think for herself, but i just can't agree with that. I remember being 14. Sure we all develop differently, but i feel at that age, i waz pretty much the same person i am 2day minus the life experience. She is just as guilty as he is. I wasn't justifying anything. That kinda behavior is definitely wrong 2 me. I'm just saying that both parties should be paying. If they both have come outta this better people...then good, that's what this whole episode was for then. But if either of them is up 2 the same kinda thing, then i agree 100% that either or both of them need 2 get help.

Because i didn't watch the tape and never plan 2, i'm not gonna throw accusations and i'm also not gonna defend him. Even if i wanted it, it's 8 years old. Unless this kinda behavior is still going on, u can't punish someone for something so old since none of us has the right 2 judge anyone. And person who has a problem, big or small, should get help, i'll just leave it at that.

• Admin

I think that's the best way 2 put it. I won't back down on my statement that she should be paying the same price that he is. U can be older and say she's a big victim who can't think for herself, but i just can't agree with that. I remember being 14. Sure we all develop differently, but i feel at that age, i waz pretty much the same person i am 2day minus the life experience. She is just as guilty as he is. I wasn't justifying anything. That kinda behavior is definitely wrong 2 me. I'm just saying that both parties should be paying. If they both have come outta this better people...then good, that's what this whole episode was for then. But if either of them is up 2 the same kinda thing, then i agree 100% that either or both of them need 2 get help.

Because i didn't watch the tape and never plan 2, i'm not gonna throw accusations and i'm also not gonna defend him. Even if i wanted it, it's 8 years old. Unless this kinda behavior is still going on, u can't punish someone for something so old since none of us has the right 2 judge anyone. And person who has a problem, big or small, should get help, i'll just leave it at that.

Why should a 14 year old girl pay for being sexually abused by an adult? Adults have a level of trust and reponsibility they should uphold. Its like when these female teachers abuse young boys and everyone says its okay and they get off. They are in a position of authority they shouldn't abuse that trust. R.Kelly is a sick individual and the only reason he is not in jail is because of the money he has. 10 years is a light sentence in my opinion.. this isn't a 16 year old and a 14 year old it's a grown ass man!

I feel u...but these young people are fully aware of what they are doing. I don't think age really makes them less guilty or let's them justify things. Had R. Kelly not been famous, i bet the fingures would be pointed more equally. Famous people do some messed up stuff or make mistakes, they just catch the fire for it alot quicker and alot worse. People who have made the same mistakes will knock a celeb for doing the very same thing they did simply becuz they have cameras on them.

Why should a 14 year old girl pay for being sexually abused by an adult? Adults have a level of trust and reponsibility they should uphold. Its like when these female teachers abuse young boys and everyone says its okay and they get off. They are in a position of authority they shouldn't abuse that trust. R.Kelly is a sick individual and the only reason he is not in jail is because of the money he has. 10 years is a light sentence in my opinion.. this isn't a 16 year old and a 14 year old it's a grown ass man!

He didnt get out caus he got money. Allot of people this year that have money like hell got locked up for smaller crimes. A big load of Rappers too.

And Topdawg: The R. Kelly Trial is what made you lose the faith in your legal system? Thats what it took for you? Lol damn man, okay, lets just forget about the ishload of innocent people ya'll literaly toasted in the last 50 years..lol

Edited by Turntable

And Topdawg: The R. Kelly Trial is what made you lose the faith in your legal system? Thats what it took for you? Lol damn man, okay, lets just forget about the ishload of innocent people ya'll literaly toasted in the last 50 years..lol

You obviously didn't catch my sarcasm so let me be clear. I have known the justice system in the U.S. has been corrupt for a long, long time. This court case just continues to add to the trash that this justice system has heaped upon the people for generations.

Bottom line is this - R. Kelly should be in jail. O.J. should be in jail and as much as I love MJ he should be in jail. I don't care whether you are rich or not, if you commit a crime then you should be in jail.