JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J Feat. Trey Songz "Girl If I"

bigted

Sounds like a summer banger to me, this is like something from the "Mr. Smith" era:

http://allhiphop.com/stories/multimedia__m...2/20008658.aspx

Good track. His voice and flow do sound like they are from the Mr. Smith era. Trey adds flava without stealing the focus. My only problem is the production. It's good...but it's JUST good. Between the last 3 songs, the new album is starting 2 look up.

By the way, I heard this is gonna be the single. Thats pretty stupid tho, considering how he wants the album to be. He wants to get this whole king of the streets acclaim back with reliesing the track with trey songz? thats not as good represemter for the album. he should put out a ruffer one, so people know whats up. if the hear this they'll think its gonna be another todd smith without even checking it out.

"Girl If I" is an average love track. I just wish LL chose a better beat because its so average considering how he said on an interview in the Fall (on youtube) how he hates when producers nodding their head to the beat and wanting LL to buy it when LL knows its garbage. Theres a big question mark with this Exit 13 project.

I love love love "I Cry". That track is incredible. I agree Turntable this all does sound like Todd Smith left overs. Maybe the other "harder" tracks he did that we all didnt like will be on the mixtape him and Kayslay are doing? who knows.

LL should release "5 Boroughs Are Back" as the first single

I wouldn't be surpised if he drops 2 at almost the same time...a rough track and an R-N-B (Around The Way Girl/Mama Said Knock You Out, Hey Lover/I Shot Ya) influcenced track. With the label formally known as Def Jam backing him, it's doubtful tho'.