JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III cd

VIsqo

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III Preview

Tha Carter III is Lil Wayne's sixth studio album. Anticipation for the third Carter installment has been building since 2006. Plagued by multiple leaks, Wayne was forced to delay the release of this album till 2008.

If you've been attention to radio lately you'll probably notice that Weezy has appeared on nearly every rap album released in the last two years, including Jay-Z's American Gangster and Kanye's Graduation. Many of his collaborators look to return the favor on Tha Carter III.

Basic Info

Album Title: Tha Carter III

Label: Cash Money Records/Universal

Release Date: June 10, 2008

Tha Carter III Tracklist

First Single: "Lollipop" (Feat. Static Major)

1. "3 Peat"

2. "Mr. Carter" (Feat. Jay-Z)

3. "A Milli"

4. "Got Money" (Feat. T-Pain)

5. "Comfortable" (Feat. Babyface)

6. "Phone Home"

7. "Dr. Carter"

8. "Tie My Hands" (Feat. Robin Thicke)

9. "Shoot Me Down" (Feat Dsm1h)

10. "Playin with Fire" (Feat. Betty Wright)

11. "Lollipop" (Feat Static Major)

12. "LA" (Feat Brisco, Busta Rhymes)

13. "Good Girl Gone Bad"

14. "You Aint Got Nuthin' on Me" (Feat Fabolous & Juelz Santana)

15. "Let The Beat Build"

16. "Whip It"

17. "Misunderstood"

Guest List

* Hurricane Chris

* Jay-Z

* Lil Mama

* Busta Rhymes

* Juelz Santana

* Fabolous

* Birdman

* Ludacris

Production Lineup

* Cool & Dre

* Kanye West

* The Alchemist

* Swizz Beatz

Source: http://rap.about.com/od/previews/fr/ThaCarterIII.htm

Well, lets see how it goes... This might be the first and only cd from Wayne or his crew that I get if the following reviews are good. Id like to see his collabo with Jay Z this time, and the productions from Kanye and Dre are definitely a plus. This ougtta be something good.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you wouldn't catch me buying this, most of his guest verses are garbage, I just don't understand why anybody would wanna collab with this moron

When u create a new level of "suck" in the rap game, u have 2 trickle some good artists on there 2 fool some people in2 buying it. Babyface, Busta Rhymes, Cool + Dre aren't gonna trick me in 2 buying this album.

I listened to the whole album through a couple of spins.

50% is garbage, 25% is ok, and 25% is real good.

dr. carter, mr. carter, shoot me down, nothin on me are worth the listen

beat build and comfortable are ok

If You want to slice your ears out:

Milli, Phone home, Lolipop (remix version), la la (even with busta on it), and misunderstood

Misunderstood just makes me mad because he flips that sample that common used for the same hook a year ago, and common of course was conscious with it...while wayne tried conscious and then went right around that

i dont get why everybody likes lil wayne so much... he pisses me off so much. i will never like him. and which sample are you talking about? the one from testify?

"Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" by Nina Simone

Both Common's "Misunderstood" (2007) and Lil Wayne's "Misunderstood" (2008) flip it.

Anyway, i forgot to mention that Lil Wayne's "I got money" and it's remix have officially qualified for static-noise/audio pollution...they are awful songs.

I listened to the whole album through a couple of spins.

50% is garbage, 25% is ok, and 25% is real good.

dr. carter, mr. carter, shoot me down, nothin on me are worth the listen

beat build and comfortable are ok

If You want to slice your ears out:

Milli, Phone home, Lolipop (remix version), la la (even with busta on it), and misunderstood

Misunderstood just makes me mad because he flips that sample that common used for the same hook a year ago, and common of course was conscious with it...while wayne tried conscious and then went right around that

I didn't even listen to the one's you considered trash but I find it funny that you can hate on Lupe so hard but qualify crap like Dr. Carter, Mr. Carter, Shoot Me Down, and Nothin' On Me as "really good."

Dr. Carter- Don't even know how this ended up on your list. Sort of makes me wanna see how bad this album really is. He's supposed to be the doctor for hip hop in this, I guess? This song made me angry. What the hell is wrong with people when crap like THIS song is considered GOOD? Not only was he not saying anything but the song was boring. Not even a gimmicky stupid hook to keep it in your head.

Mr. Carter- I think... I HOPE this song tricked you into liking it. I hope you just fell in love with the digitized hook. This song serves a purpose though. I think it's on the CD because Wayne wants you to know that he can spit a ***tty verse only to be outdone by a Jay-Z that isn't even trying and he'll still sell get the props.

Shoot Me Down- DAMN, I swear this guy does not say ANYTHING. I want everyone that quotes this idiot slapped repeatedly. Again, I wanna give you the benefit of the doubt and say you like it because of the hook.

Nothin' On Me- Throwaway mixtape material. A bad mixtape. Everything about these songs make me mad. This song has his flow outclassed by everyone else on the song. I can sum up Wayne's flow style like this: Talk. Talk slower to make things fit with the beat. Also, repeat the hell out of yourself because you suck. SUCK.

I'm just MAD now, Bob! I just listened to four of the worst songs that I'm sure I'll ever hear. And you mean to say that Shoot Me Down is a better song than Streets on Fire? Or even deserves to be compared to anything that isn't meant to be flushed?

Well, considering my taste in music is second to none

BLAH.

God Blessa!

I make a point 2 listen 2 stuff b4 i truely trash it. However, the state of commercial rap has been so bad for so long, that i no longer really need 2. Lil' Wayne sucks. He is up for one of the worst Rap artists of all time. He has no creativity, no flexibility, no voice, no flow, no lyrics, no production, no personality, no nothing. Period. He will never make a good song. He doesn't have the ability to make a good song. I will never have 2 listen 2 one of his songs ever again before forming an opinion. He is the personification of trash. And it's not just him. Most of todays chart-topping rappers are in the very same situation. Lil' Scrappy, Lil' Boosie, Webbie, and 1,000 others. They suck and will never make a good song.

There are people like Nelly, who i don't like, but i like some of his songs like Dilemma, Shake Ya Tailfeather, and Over and Over. I don't think Puffy is a good rapper, but i like Satisfy You and I Need A Girl. I don't like Ja-Rule, but i like Thug Luvin'...i don't really support guys like that, but they drop a song from time 2 time that i like. I'm not gonna put it on the level of Fresh Prince, Common Sense, or Public Enemy, but i like them for what they are.

So many of these dirty south rappers make music that will never be good. It's not even wroth my time 2 listen 2 them. When u have no desire 2 write a song with a subject and no desire 2 actually try 2 make quality music, u never will do anything good.

I didn't even listen to the one's you considered trash but I find it funny that you can hate on Lupe so hard but qualify crap like Dr. Carter, Mr. Carter, Shoot Me Down, and Nothin' On Me as "really good."

Dr. Carter- Don't even know how this ended up on your list. Sort of makes me wanna see how bad this album really is. He's supposed to be the doctor for hip hop in this, I guess? This song made me angry. What the hell is wrong with people when crap like THIS song is considered GOOD? Not only was he not saying anything but the song was boring. Not even a gimmicky stupid hook to keep it in your head.

Mr. Carter- I think... I HOPE this song tricked you into liking it. I hope you just fell in love with the digitized hook. This song serves a purpose though. I think it's on the CD because Wayne wants you to know that he can spit a ***tty verse only to be outdone by a Jay-Z that isn't even trying and he'll still sell get the props.

Shoot Me Down- DAMN, I swear this guy does not say ANYTHING. I want everyone that quotes this idiot slapped repeatedly. Again, I wanna give you the benefit of the doubt and say you like it because of the hook.

Nothin' On Me- Throwaway mixtape material. A bad mixtape. Everything about these songs make me mad. This song has his flow outclassed by everyone else on the song. I can sum up Wayne's flow style like this: Talk. Talk slower to make things fit with the beat. Also, repeat the hell out of yourself because you suck. SUCK.

I'm just MAD now, Bob! I just listened to four of the worst songs that I'm sure I'll ever hear. And you mean to say that Shoot Me Down is a better song than Streets on Fire? Or even deserves to be compared to anything that isn't meant to be flushed?

BLAH.

God Blessa!

For such a big head on your icon...soo little is....

Anyway, I said "worth the listen"...for those songs. and they are. What's really good on that album? Mr. Carter and Dr. Carter, Definitely Juelz's verse on Nothin on me, and shoot me down has one of the most attention-clenching instrumentals I've heard in a long time.

Listen to Dr. Carter and Mr. Carter...you can't say it isn't creative rhyming. And Jay-Z does an awesome verse. Oh, and Nothing on me was on a mixtape...and Juelz killed it then and now!

But it's ok:

:signthankspin:

Oh, and here we go with Lupe: I'm gonna talk about hamburgers, think I'm one of the best (as in his interview with MTV), and then I'm going to mess up a Tribe called Quest in a tribute and defend it by saying I never listen to them! PLEASE!

NOthing but LOVE!

Edited by Bob