JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

the best thing about the VMAs

Alien

i want to appolagize in advance to all the big LL cool J fans, his a cool guy but...

Okay the best thing about the VMAs was the way it was prooven that Will Smith is so much cooler than LL Cool J. When Will Smith advertizes his upcoming deals, he does it short and sweet, and he does it at apropriate times, did you see what ll cool j did? i mean, at the red carpet it was all good, but while announcing alicia keys he permoted his new cd? he should have better timing...

When Will and Martin did it ,it was when they were giving out an award for best bad guy or something so it was appropriate not when someone was about to preform. I agree it wasnt good timing for LL to do it right as they were about to pan the camera to Alisha Keys. :dunno:

I didn't see the VMA's yet, but that's what they are for. If u are on an award show, u are basically there 2 promote your next project or keep your name and face out there.

I'm heading out early 2 get the new LL album. He's my 2nd fav emcee and he's never disappointed me.

Anyway since we're talking about the best thing about the VMAs, my favorite moment was when Fat Joe rocked the house wit "Lean Back", even Big Will was feeling that performance! :rock: It's nice to see Fat Joe getting some recognition after being an underground mc for many years. :werd:

[quote=mfuqua23,Aug 31 2004, 10:40 AM]Did anyone perform anything new that was gonna be a future relese? I don't think. The VMAs, is a capture of the year.[/quote]
If I remember right, I think the only performance that promoted a fairly new track waz Mase's "Breathe, Stretch, Shake".

Oh yeah, and Christina Aguilera + Nelly's song...whatever that waz called... Edited by WildWildWillennium