JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New Kel Spencer Track

I love Kel. Y'all know that, he knows that...but i'm just wishing he'd be dropping stuff with that "backpack" sound he said his album would reflect. I just think 2 much of his production (like this song) is over produced and lacking musically. His lyrics and flow are great. Some of these beats are just not that impressive 2 me. I hadn't heard this one. Thanx 4 posting about it.

I know that when his album drops we'll get that "BACKPACK" hehe sound. Its what BBE do. You see what he says on my Kel Spence video.

I keep bugging him about that album, its gotta drop soon.

I"m with AJ 110%. This is how I've felt in a long while with those beats he's getting from the producers that he works with. Its just a matter of tyme of him hooking up with someone creating some BANGING beats that does his talent more justice than currently... When I listen to a new joint, I wanna be feeling it ,... and pulled in strait up from the very first beat...

xo,

cookie

I figured also, that it may just be a raw gritty image that he wants to project (like u said) to a target audience and i wasn't being fair. Tho I may not be really diggin it all that much, I still support him tho... cuz he's fam... Actually, he gets positive feedback from ppl thats feeling the beats too.

Rap Artists can never please all the fans all the tyme, especially us oldskool R&B folK... lol

xo,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

Yeh that street style is important. Kel can deliver hardcore rhymeflow so fair play to him. He can also deliver other styles, let him play about with it.

The problem with a lot of rappers that get discussed on this board is that their lyrics are way off point and that is backed up by an equally bad beat. Now we all know Kel's lyricism is on point. But a lot of us don't think the choice in beats don't necessarily reflect his full potential. No way is this song "wack, wack, wack"