JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FIX ME UP ~ Kel SpenceR

What do you guys think about Kel Spencer's new joint FIX ME UP? It didn't fall in the same category as whole, with a production like "The Definition", for example. These beats will have to grow on me, and they're pretty catchy actually. Tho, KeL just has madd skills & need TOP quality producers making beatz to back him on MORE joints...

Thats where he is lyrically. Thats my opinion...

xo,

cookie

yea Brakes... Lyrically, I LOVE it. and his flow is str8 off the charts. the beat can be catchy but like you Julie... if it has to "Grow" on me, thats NOT good for the artist. I want it to get me feeling RIGHT ,.. from the first minute I chek it out. I just think the beatmaker is not doing Kel's talent much justice. Its cool. Its simple. Tho it may be his style, its still lacking full substance to solicit the responses that I'd imagine KS should be getting... No offense by being honest here thats my boii, i see him going places ... but still... :shakehead:

u guys ever feel 'bad' for giving ur honest opinion?

xo,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

About a year ago he worte this tune. He wanted people to shoot video scenes for it.

So expect a video for it. I remember he wanted people to perform a certain dance to it.

Yes lol, especially when the artist might read it haha.

Well its better we are honest than to just say everything is great, im sure he'd appreciate constructive criticism.

ur right, but he wont speak to me for a year. lol just kidding..

Kev, u still didnt say how u digg the song. u aint saying nothing SOLID related to the questin bro. lol I hope he doesnt shoot a video... yet.

xo,

cookie

freakin Tiger wanted my song off his page... I bet its ur fault.. lol, anyways, I agree with u and the beats, even though the ones in get it get it and the building are pretty good.

Edited by VIsqo

I'm pretty sure Kel would want us to be 100% honest with him. What good would it do him if we said we love everything he does! He'd never grow from it! Honesty is definitely the best policy! I expect that when my album drops!!!!

Track is decent, one of the more club floor fillers. Im cool with that Neither in love with it or Hate it. But no doubt it'll grow on me. Kel knows what he's doing.

Honestly, the beat sucks in my opinion. He NEEDS to work with better beats, this sounds like some kind of crappy Dirty South hip pop.

No doubt, he has and can do better than this.

Edited by bart5