JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Mariah Carey Marries Nick Cannon

bigted

Not the kinda video every other couple has out...ha ha.

He directed "Touch My Body" after being slated 2 be in it. I waz impressed cuz it looks like someone who's been directing videos for years did it. I won't diss them as a couple tho.' Mariah is a down 2 earth free spirit who comes off much younger than she is. Nick Cannon actually has a smart business mind and is much more mature then how he put himself out there on Wildin' Out. Not all of his public relationships have gone smooth, but him and Mariah seem like they really want 2 be settled down. Yes, it is a bit weird, but i'm not gonna count them out like everyone else is. I mean, we know NOTHING about them personally. Why do u think Janet is with Jermaine Dupri. Cuz he's a down 2 earth guy who is a good person who can make her feel good compared 2 all of the idiot guys who drool over her and have complexes that they are with a superstar. When u are loved for u, it's more real than anyone is gonna realize.

lol... Big Willie,... why settle for being Nick, when u can be Will Smith when you do grow up. LOL... i had 2 get that one in... :clap2: :lolsign:

I have to agree with u AJ,... Its hard on Hollywood couples to enjoy life as we both know it, because the media is going to speculate , FANS LIKE US are going to be

judgemental, which is so sad when u find ppl really in love. When we fall in love with someone, the spark that lights our inner universe and soul has no comparison, and when u KNOW its the one, we lose can lose out if we allow outsiders to control our own destiny by going against what our heart, soul, mind, and body is craving and feels as some special sort of completion. Im sooo happy for her. and to do it liek that? THAT sh!t was romantic as hell, the way they did it. and they did not make it a crazy elaborate EXPenSIVe wedding... I wanna go celebrate with them. LOL

I Love it. I saw a picture of them ,and they look happy together and I see the maturity of a real man in Nick's eyes. A maturity that says, AGE aint a DAM thang but a number. Its all about the eyes. They both have that magical glow and look as if they've found their soulmates,... so I think the world should really let them be.

by the way... EVERYBODY IS GETTING MARRIED... got dawg... what is UP with that. im starting to feel sad.... lol. I know it sounds crazy, and you guyz already KNOW im the crybaby on the board for 8 years now. LOL... i actually cried yesterday.... I dont know if i was just happy 4 them, or sad 4 myself. dam. i neeed to see a love doctor... lol

xo,

cookie

cute wedding picture, but for sum reason, I thought it was even more subtle than that.. like no shoes, on the beach, tiki torches, a few close family n friends, sunset.. etc. oh wait .thats my dream wedding. LOL... ok.. stil cute pic tho..

thx Visco.. thats a sweet thought... tho im good. 4 real. Imma take a well deserved vacation for a couple weeks, no kids,...all alone and Im not telling anyone where im going. Im just going. and just start travelling more to meet some intersting people wherever the day or my evenings take me...

when im missing on here again and myspace. . ull know that im taking some 'me' time. lol. so dont get 2 worried about me then at least.

xo,

cookie

Here's some more details, all I gotta say is damn:

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon spill wedding beans to People

NEW YORK - Mariah Carey really did get married to Nick Cannon in the Bahamas last week - and they have the tattoos to prove it.

The 38-year-old singer and the 27-year-old actor confirmed to People magazine that they tied the knot at Carey's Bahamian estate April 30 after a courtship that began in late March.

In an interview from the magazine's May 19 issue, Cannon said they clicked instantly when Carey cast him as a lover in the video for her new single, "Bye Bye."

"From the first time we sat down to discuss the video at the Beverly Hills Hotel, we connected," Cannon said. "We had so much in common spiritually, and we laugh at the same things. I didn't have to put on my Mac Daddy suave mode. I was able to be myself with her. We are both eternally 12 years old."

They began a whirlwind romance, and raised eyebrows when Carey was seen sporting a huge diamond ring on her finger at the Tribeca Film Festival premiere of her movie "Tennessee," in which she plays a waitress. Carey said she told "only about four people" about the wedding.

Were Carey's friends surprised?

"Some were, but some weren't," she said. "One thing (few people) knew was we got tattoos a few weeks earlier. So anyone who saw my (Mrs. Cannon) tattoo wasn't surprised."

Chiming in, Cannon said, "To me rings are special and exciting, but tattoos mean more than anything. They're forever and ever. They professed our love."

A dozen guests attended their sunset wedding, where they served Maine lobster and Dom Perignon champagne. The bride wore a gown by Nile Cmylo that showed off her curves and faded from off-white to pale pink.

"My pastor Clarence Keaton flew in from New York," Carey said. "The whole wedding was really beautiful and sweet. Being there with loved ones under the sky ... it was a spiritual moment."

Cannon said he was speechless watching Carey walk down the aisle: "I was elated, but I was thinking, `Don't pass out.' ... (The pastor) said, `The eyes are the window to the soul,' then gave us an entire minute to stare into each other's eyes. So I was saying, `Don't cry.'"

The pair said they've thought about having kids.

"It's part of the whole purpose of getting married," Carey said. "I'd just want our children to have the best childhood and upbringing they possibly could."

aww thats cute. But if theyre both eternally '12' years old, they in big trouble. LOL... at least do my thing, and stick to 19... u can be somewhat responsible...

lol.. jk. they make a real cute couple tho...

xo,

cookie