JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

On the Boards lol

Luigie

I've been experimentin with keyboard stuff instead of samplin songs for beats, tell me what u think (i use the FL default sounds, lol) i feel proud about this step..cause i never thought i could create a melody wit the keys, lol feedback aprecciated :)

Beatz :)

Edited by Luigie

wow. thats good Luigie for just messing around with the keyboard. Whats the "FL" default sound? and what music production software are u using? If you have editing software where u have more freedom with ur creativity, adding plugins via Reason for example... you will really be suprised with all that u can do by messing around. May even come up with a hit if u keep at it ... haha :thumbsup:

xo,

cookie

FL means Fruity Loops and i just used the default sounds that are in the program, hehe..i use also Cool Edit Pro, thnx for replyin, at first i felt dumb cause i was like "i dont even know the music notes..how the hell im gonna use a keyboard??" lol..but there it is...at least u can feel hip-hop in those beats :-P

oh ok then.. lotsa dudes on JJFP site uses that.. I think i remember Vipa saying he uses it for some of his joints. Matta fact, I love Vipa's remixes! lol

yea, u can really get creative with muzik, different sounds etc. The best thing about working on beats is enjoying urself so much ,before u know it... you can be in the studio for 10 hours strait without even realizing how much time has flown by huh? Expecially if ur with someone as creative as u are, and ur just strait vybing of each others energy. THATS whats up. lol :thumbsup: Do u work alone or with others?

cool :thumbsup:

xo,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

Yo congrats on the cross over to the keyboard Luigie. Can't wait to check the beats when I get home tonight.

Yeah, I'm also "one of the dudes that uses FL Studio aka Fruity Loops" on the boards. Making beats/music is one of my passions no doubt.

IM WITH U GUYS... oops caps. lol

I know nothing about Fruity Loops, but I can't live without being in or near the studio. Even if im just there vybing off the creative process,... it's the primal thing that keeps my heart smiling... I use ProTools & Reason with my Digi003Rack. My lil ol studio ain't 'bigtyme',... but I can kick out top quality for a preproduction studio... thats 4 sho..

I hope u guys keep at it.. aint nothing like creativity and love of muzik.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xo,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

Thanks y'all.. i work alone...my studio is my room..i dont even got a proper keyboard...i use the pc keyboard lol...maybe when i get more money i can afford more equipment ^^

fl studio can be pretty powerful if you use it right. ive been practicnig on it for a while and i get pretty decent results. but i would say that only like 1 out of 7 of my songs are sample free haha. but im getting better, the more you work the more you get better.

so keep working at it and you will get better and better

i have a keyboard set up with a midi cable but i dont use the piano that much on a count that i cant play it!