JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Question for Iron Bodies...

3cookies

I have a question for the guys, or anyone that works out.

I was in a majour car accident last June '07, and now can work out with no limitations again.. finally! i have a question...

What exercise regime do u think is sufficient for a lady, with specific goals of body tone and SMALL muscle definition, not gross definition that u would see on a nice rock hard chest. abs, body of a male.... AND... do u think she should include working her traps lightly to get uniformity in an overall body workout, or exclude them, to NOT get that 'manly' look on that muscle? I dont like that personally, but...When I am working out and NOT cheating. lol,... my body builds in excellent timing, expecially if I dont have any excess pounds of fat to lose,... ( i have about 10 pounds of excess bodyfat now) but back to the subject,.. i feel guilty for skipping that muscle group, at the same time, ... well help please... lol

should I cut back? dont wrk that muscle ? what u think?

Thus far, my regime includes this:

Monday ~ Wednesday ~ Friday ------> Upper Body Work out / Lower Body i switch over other day, and change it up the following week

Tuesday ~ Thursday ~ Saturday -----> I used to run 2 miles, but now I do 1 mile of High Intensity, walk, jog, sprint & hit the High School bleachers (9 sets of steps) for 4 laps = 1 mile... I do high proteins, low carbs,. don't cheat ALL the tyme. LOL.

I think that is good enough, and not pushing it too much after an accident with the workout regime. I don't have a workout partner, so motivation can be hard, but im good at motivating myself, but in the meantyme... any input would be helpful... What u think?

xo,

cookie

i have the same problem, so i wanna listen to the answers too.

Ive been told by a trainer in the gym that if u do weights, just do small weights often, instead of large weights. Apparently its a good way to lose fat if you just put the small ones on. I have to be so careful bcoz i do a lot of lifting in work, so if my arms get any more muscular it gonna get gross lol, at least i wont have bingo wings. A small amount of muscle is great tho, it burns fat yey!

Ive been doing running too, i have no idea what that does to your body, but my theory is that runners are always skinny, so it must be a good thing to do.

I hope someone is more helpful than me lol.

Its good that your feeling a lot better now too cookies.

thanks Julie!...

running helps you burn calories also... and in essence, burns bodyfat...

yea i feel you, i just cant get down with HUGE muscles, thats not sexy to me, tho some men like that. aint 4 my body tho. lol i cant wait to hear some replies, because tho heavy weights equals bigger muscles, I dont feel a workout AT ALL if i do less than 200 lbs on the leg press.. I have to work up from 200, in 30 pound increments 230, 260, 290. then back down for a powerset 200 lb x24 reps no rest..

The rest of my workokut, consists of incomparably Waaay less weights. LOL. im lazy. lol

xo,

cookie

Your new workout plan:

Do 3 sets of 10 curls with 30 pound dumbbells. But only with your dominant arm. With your other arm, hold a banana. After each rep, take one bite. Get a good rhythm going. Never switch the dumbbell hand with the banana hand. Muscle confusion is a great way to build fast.

When running, take frequent water breaks. Take in a lot of water and then sprint your hardest. This will HURT. No pain no gain.

Carbo-load. I don't know why you're eating low carbs. Carbs provide energy to do the real workout. Right before you start a workout, eat a plate of spaghetti. If you're gonna work out hard that day, run to Olive Garden, eat, and run back home (or to the next Olive Garden if you gotta fit into those pants on a deadline).

When you're not carbo-loading you should be fasting. Not only is fasting Biblical but it also prevents eating. At first, you will actually GAIN weight while fasting because your body pulls from excess fats and sugars to provide for itself. But sooner than later it will have nothing left to take from itself. Your stomach will feel like it's eating itself, because it is. This is when you start a new carbo-load.

Practice making your meanest face. Like you've been nagging someone all day because they JUST. WOULDN'T. LISTEN. Do this for 2 hours every day. You should take a 5 minute break after the first hour on your first few days. This will work your brow. A guy likes a girl with a bit of a caveman look to her (which means you can stop doing your hair for the next few weeks, but that's not relevant to the workout plan).

Go to the park and do pull ups. 4 sets of 10. Not only does this give you a great upper-body workout, it will help you develop calluses on your hands (which reminds me, no more lotion for you). This will give you the tough hands that a man loves. It lets him know that his woman isn't afraid to sweat when she needs to.

Eat a lot of protein RIGHT before you fall asleep. This means that you should eat so much meat that you can barely turn over in your bed because you're so full. Not only does protein build the muscle you need but it is known to be found in foods that cause sleepwalking (Eat a whole Salami or a bag of Pepperoni before bed). This means you can get that workout without even trying.

There is A LOT more I can teach you but I need to get going right now.

Hope this helps.

God Blessa!

Got dawg SilverTiger bruh. ur tryna turn me into an amazon. LOL

I was just asking about my traps. hahahahaa im cool with the regime i have now, and I will start loading up on carbs/spaghetti b4 i do my cardio, matter fact, this evening I will...

I dont have a set tyme to fit in a 'dress' lol, just getting back in the routine pre~summer... its the bathing suit thats calling my name. LOL

those are some great tips,.. tho 30 lbs with curls? geeze. i can hardly do 12 - 15 pounds with curls... :stickpoke:

YOU GOT THAT JULIE GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :thumbsup:

EDIT: oh Timboat,.. i do have Flax seed "Ground" tho .. :thumbsup:

xo,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies