JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

My 1,00 post Shout out!

Cheers Da Brakes, and well done for reaching 1000.

Turns our im DJ-ing tonight at my local pub before a club night thats held, so I'll bespiining your Understand track tonight, I'll give it a nice intro (Up and coming rapper Da Brakes)

Let you know how it goes down 2mora.

.. The dancefloor is full (Its not that big anyway, maybe 20 peeps or so)

Naughty By Nature's Feel Me Flow is pumping, when KevTastic pumps in Da Brakes - Understand. Gives a shout out over the mic "This is Da Brakes, an up and coming rapper from the south" People seem to wait a while to see if they recognise the song, then carry on dancing just cos they seem to enjoy the song. At The end KevTastic mixes in Estelle's 1980.

So in other words Da Brakes your song went down really well up here in Kettering, in a pub that prodominantley filled with Rock Fans usually.

Well its cool the pub, cos most of the peeps appreciate old skool and undergound hip-hop music too, so i have a great night playing rock and hip hop music, all kinds and i get away with it.

[font="Arial"][color=blue]hey...thanks 4 the shoutout. I would have never expected a 'shoutout' or that anyone would remember much of me, since I haven't been on as I usually do...

you made me feel good just reading what u had to say...

haha..i remember when we all used to make an announcement when we hit our first, and 2nd thousand posts. lol... i usta send out major props and shoutouts, like i was receiving some kinda grammy award or sumpthin...and seemed like fans would hafta carry my tail off stage 'head first' with the mike stuck in my hand... lmbo :kekeke:

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font]

Cheers for all the praise, I have a few friends in bands and when they do a CD i play some tracks for them. Da Brake's song is the first time I've done a rap song for a friend tho. I'll play it again on Friday cos that'll be a busier nite.

[quote=KevTastic,Sep 1 2004, 05:51 PM]Cheers for all the praise, I have a few friends in bands and when they do a CD i play some tracks for them. Da Brake's song is the first time I've done a rap song for a friend tho. I'll play it again on Friday cos that'll be a busier nite.[/quote]
Be sure to let Brakes and/or all of us, how it goes :thumb: