JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lil wayne- Lollipop video..

VIsqo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha...Lil' Crappy's career ended a few months after it started. I love how all the dirty south rappers have the most annoying or unoriginal names...Young Joc, Soulja Boy, Lil' Scrappy, Webbie, Baby Boy, Lil' Boosie. Their names are as forgettable and stupid as their songs.

Hey, I KNOW U ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT bOOSSie man!! the guy's lyrics are as smart as wayne's in "stunnin like my daddy" or even in this Lollypop song in which u have to give him the credit of making lollipops disgusting for me... I bought one today And i Swear i saw his face on it saying: gushi mama daddy luvs baby weezy! i had to throw it away without having even tasted it...

Guest lambertj3

Ha ha...Lil' Crappy's career ended a few months after it started. I love how all the dirty south rappers have the most annoying or unoriginal names...Young Joc, Soulja Boy, Lil' Scrappy, Webbie, Baby Boy, Lil' Boosie. Their names are as forgettable and stupid as their songs.

soory aj but scrappy has a new album coming this year and not all the souths songs are forgettable i guess its just a matter of taste i guess

I think there are souths I can stand, for example, nelly and um, maybe, um, well, name a few to see if i can remember another one i can stand...

Here is a review from the song I found to be pretty interesting....

Lil Wayne featuring Static Major - "Lollipop"

From Henry Adaso,

Your Guide to Rap / Hip-Hop.

The Bottom Line

Despite Lil Wayne's status as one of the game's most ubiquitous voices, he isn't exactly inventing anything here with the candy-as-sexual-innuendo analogy.

Pros

* Catchy, synth-heavy production

Cons

* Corny lyrics

* Unoriginal

Description

* "Lollipop" is the lead single from Tha Carter III

* Produced by Jim Jonsin

* Features the singer Steve "Static Major" Garrett who died shortly after the collaboration

Guide Review - Lil Wayne featuring Static Major - "Lollipop"

For an artist who subtly thrives in the shadow of another well-known rapper, it should come as no surprise that the idea for Lil Wayne's new single is anything but. Think of "Lollipop" as a sonic rendezvous between Britney's "Piece of Me" and Snoop's "Sensual Seduction," with Roger Troutman as the liaison.

Wayne often disguises his deficiencies as a lyricist by relying on funny accents and weird phrases. But on "Lollipop" he doesn't rap at all. Why rap when there's a host of other options. Instead, we get 5 minutes of a yawn-inducing performance from the self-named "best rapper alive." His singing, filtered through an autotuner and a vocoder a la Snoop's "Sensual Seduction," is layered over a dense smörgåsbord of spacey synths and slow-rolling drums. Call it the T-Pain effect. And don't get me started on the lyrics which offer nothing worth revisiting. "She lick me like a lollipop"? Really? Didn't 50 Cent already exploit that candy-as-sexual-metaphor concept on "Candy Shop"?

While preparing for this review, I briefly entertained the silly thought that Wayne set out to prove a point with "Lollipop." He's Lil Wayne, after all, and he's reached that stratum of rapdom where rules don't apply to protagonists. He can say whatever he wants, release songs however he wants, and get extolled by that wide cross-section of hip-hop fans that will inevitably line up for some Weezy idiosyncrasies, no matter how craptacular. What's next? A song where he farts over a drum-track for three minutes?

Source: rap.about.com http://rap.about.com/od/songreviews/gr/WayneLollipop.htm

Okay, so i never watched this video. It's Lil' Wayne...i knew it would suck. But i just watched video on TV. The beat on this song is better than any other beat i've heard him on...but that doesn't make it a good song. Even when his voice tweeked by a vocoder, it's not any better. He's just an idiot. I don't understand why u guys think it was better than Snoop's joint. I like Snoop's track...the production, the vibe, the "stepping outta the box" element. I don't see why these songs are being compared. They aren't similar at all. Snoop's song stands out...Lil' Wayne is just a common bottom feeder pulling from anyone else who's had success.

:::Gonna go pop in Ego Trippin':::

Wayne strikes again people!!! For all of you who thought that this song couldnt get more annoying, well, guess again because now theres a remix with T- Pain that is way more hurtful to well trained ears. A lot of people actually like this and are praying for them to make a video of this nonsense. Here I give you:

Lollipop remix

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H9mRL8C9MCM

"Lollipop" is what i see as the start of the burn out phase. The song is so wack. Thankfully, u can't even hear his voice on the track due 2 bad delivery and mixing. I had the radio playing while i waz in the shower the other day and thought an instrumental was playing. I went 2 change the station and when i got really close 2 the radio, i found out Lil' Wayne's annoying voice was indeed on the track.

Snoop's track is much more of a hit than this crap. The production on Snoop's joint is at least musical. Like most of Wayne's trash, the processed beat is nothing but a rushed commerical instrumental. Snoop rips a good verse and has an interesting song overall. Kill the comparisons. It's like compairing Curtis to The Return of The Magnificent.