JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I Am Legend - Alternate Never Before Seen Ending

Ale

ok i watched it after i said i wouldnt. i think i did prefer the real ending but liked this too.

I think this ending was more like the book, the way u see the zombies having emotions and Will is being made out to be the bad guy. The only thing is Will lived and its kinda better when he dies in a sadistic kinda way.

Although I wanted Robert to die (and I'm glad they chose that ending), I gotta say I really love this ending more. It's a lot cooler, and it's amazing how they show the emotions of the zombies. Plus, Will's performance in this new ending is brilliant. What a great movie!

• Admin

I agree the fact that the vampire he was doing tested on had emotions and they were worried about her is more true to the novel..neville is the legend.. but then he survived? made no sense at all..and then they just drove off you didn't know if there were other survivors or not..I bet thats why it tested so horribly.. I would say both endings are largely unsatisfying..

• 2 weeks later...

ok i watched it after i said i wouldnt. i think i did prefer the real ending but liked this too.

I think this ending was more like the book, the way u see the zombies having emotions and Will is being made out to be the bad guy. The only thing is Will lived and its kinda better when he dies in a sadistic kinda way.

I just watched the movie straight through with the alternate ending and I loved it! Much better than the original movies ending, and I agree with Julies comments.

While it wasn't exactly right, I thought the alternate ending was much truer to the book. With the original version (and I think there where a few difference scenes, not just the ending that where different) you didn't really get the sense that the creatures where intelligent. In the alternate ending, that came across much better. Also, in the original version Nevil was a good guy. With the alternate ending, you saw how much of a monster he really was, a mass murder, with that shot of him crumbling with the wall full of his victims behind him. And with the creatures letting him go, it showed they where more humane then he was.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually liked the alternate ending a bit better. Keep in mind i have no knowledge of the book. I just liked the ending being more happy vs. the one that was obviously more hopefull. Why it was still a bit rushed and/or forced, it's pace seemed a bit better 2 me. Maybe this is becuz i had already seen the movie and knew what 2 expect...i don't know. But personally, i like the alternate ending a bit better.