JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Site will be down Saturday

Hero1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all the members are like that. You just picked some pointless topics, but that happens in every forum.

Hmm, roughly 50 percent of the topics are pointless. There are a few good ones, but the forum could be better, and I'm sure it will be.

What I don't understand is why some ppl talk about something that they really have no idea.

I, and a lot of others here started posting at ws.com as soon as the present board was up and functional. As I said, I spent a great deal of time conversing with the mod or mods as to what could be done to control the quality of the board. This was a time when topics ranged from "Will Smith is hot!!!!!" followed by "Will is gay!" followed by "Trey is so cute!!!" followed by "Does Will like men!" followed by "Will is soooo, sooo, hot!!!"

All of this was at a time when I was posting here. I think I'm qualified to comment, and I certainly know what I'm talking about. As would Julie... Julie's been posting on Will's boards for 8 years now.

Like I said, I think things will get better. There just needs to be more mod involvement.

I wasn't talking about you, Max, but I think some people talk about ws.com and they really don't know what's happening on there. They just believe it will never change, or it has never changed, but for many people like me it's a cool place and there are a lot of good members, just like over here. For that reason we don't like to hear those comments, especially comments by people who have no clue.

Edited by Ale

ive watched/posted on the site since 2000, i know what im talking about. Just coz i dont post there anymore doesnt mean i dont read it. AJ, Tim, wes, cookies, jim have been around longer, ask them if u wanna know the full story. They know exactly what they are talking about.

and it has changed, it was good, then when sony had loads of forums on thier site it was ok but we had a problem with b2k fans, then sony dropped Will and we all moved here, the site went down for a while, they brought it back up and it never recovered.

it seems like we will have to agree to disagree im never gonna change my mind about ws.com.

I know the full story. I also know there has been a better time. But in my opinion people can post what they want, and if you don't like what they post just ignore it. It's called freedom of speech. Maybe you find those topics boring but you don't do anything to improve the situation. You only complain.

But tell me Julie, if you think ws.com is a waste of time why do you still visit it? I don't wanna call you a hypocrite but that's what it seems.

Edited by Ale

I know the full story. I also know there has been a better time. But in my opinion people can post what they want, and if you don't like what they post just ignore it. It's called freedom of speech.

Actually, there's really no such thing as freedom of speech on a message board. Message boards are only governed by the rules of the board. Things like spamming, cursing, and going ridiculously off topic are firmly discouraged on most message boards. The goal isn't to censure someone, but if what they are doing harms the quality of the board, it should probably be kept in check.

Plus we all know that Tim is Australian, and the Australians don't believe in civil liberties!!! Just look at the way Tim treated his soldiers in the last army game. :shakehead:

But tell me Julie, if you think ws.com is a waste of time why do you still visit it? I don't wanna call you a hypocrite but that's what it seems.

:rofl: @ Julie's response.

Edited by MaxFly

• Admin

ive actually visited wills site since it first started in 1997 to promote big willie style.. the sony boards did have moderators.. i think the official site deserves to be better but thats the choice they have made over there