JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Well. Duh!

sonic1988

Oh wow, it's been a good two weeks. Anyway, we have a fundamental difference in views. It's obvious that the real political landscape involves heavy ties between the Federal reserve and the executive branch. Theoretically they shouldn't and Congress has been trying to audit the whole thing, but it never gets through. Political machines allow for much influence in the reserve's decisions. As much as I can't stand Ron Paul and everything he proposes, he has said something that anyone will agree on, from him, to me, to Jim Cramer: the reserve should be separated from the executive branch, but it isn't and something should be done. The executive branch would have been the first to do an executive order for a freeze on interest rates, or many other things that are now being proposed. Clinton didn't do it when he saw the bubble bursting. That's not saying Bush has been perfect, but Clinton has alot to do with the 99 burst. Both George Bush and Hillary Clinton are the type of characters people blame their ingrown fingernails on. It's overly done and without much premise. Sorry for being so late on the response but this discussion has pretty much run its course.

Edited by Bob

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, it's been a good two weeks. Anyway, we have a fundamental difference in views. It's obvious that the real political landscape involves heavy ties between the Federal reserve and the executive branch. Theoretically they shouldn't and Congress has been trying to audit the whole thing, but it never gets through. Political machines allow for much influence in the reserve's decisions. As much as I can't stand Ron Paul and everything he proposes, he has said something that anyone will agree on, from him, to me, to Jim Cramer: the reserve should be separated from the executive branch, but it isn't and something should be done. The executive branch would have been the first to do an executive order for a freeze on interest rates, or many other things that are now being proposed. Clinton didn't do it when he saw the bubble bursting. That's not saying Bush has been perfect, but Clinton has alot to do with the 99 burst. Both George Bush and Hillary Clinton are the type of characters people blame their ingrown fingernails on. It's overly done and without much premise. Sorry for being so late on the response but this discussion has pretty much run its course.

lol, I suppose we probably do have a fundamental difference of views. However, and I do mean this, I really would love to see evidence for what you're saying. I hear a lot of people make the same claims, but no one ever provides anything supporting these claims. If there's evidence out there that shows why my views are wrong, I very much would like to see and understand it.

As for George Bush getting blamed "without much premise." There is a lot to blame Bush over. From when Bush's first day in office, January 20th, 2001, till the day of his first veto, July 19, 2006, the federal deficit grew from 5.7 trillion to 8.4 trillion (link). Now sure, the republican congress gets some of the blame, but he never once vetoed those spending bills.

Or how about starting a war based on 935 false statements (link)?

Or what about the warrantless wiretaps (link) that where authorized by executive order?