JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

will smith news, articles and more

mixenmasta.b

• Members
Will Smith delighted fans with an outdoor concert before the British premiere of his latest film, "I, Robot."

Accompanied by DJ Jazzy Jeff, Smith performed for about 3,000 people Wednesday outside the Odeon theater in London's Leicester Square. The set included hits "Summertime" and "Men in Black," and Smith's latest single, "Switch."

"When you have these kind of events everybody can't get in. I wanted to give the people who came to support me a little treat out here," the 35-year-old actor-rapper said.

"I, Robot," a sci-fi thriller in which Smith plays a detective investigating androids run amok, allowed him to blend two long-standing interests, he said.

"From 5 years old I wanted to be a scientist. When I got to 11 or 12 years old I got interested in entertainment. So being in a sci-fi film is a perfect blend of the two," Smith said.

:dj:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Everlast's got nothing personal against Will.

But when you live for the game, you gotta kill for the game, and paintball isn't a sport for the weak. Last year, Everlast's squad — the Stoned Assassins — battled Smith's paintball team and emerged victorious.

"[Will Smith's team] had 25 guys and we had 15, but we beat 'em," Everlast said. "We had better guns and were better trained. It was, like, one of Will's first times playing paintball. But I heard after that, he and his boys went out and re-geared up, and he's really into it now full-blast. I'd love to play those guys again."

• Members
WILL SMITH's wife JADA PINKETT SMITH believes honesty is the most important ingredient in their marriage.

The COLLATERAL star, 32, says she will always tell her spouse the absolute truth - and that a union based purely on sexual attraction cannot sustain a relationship.

Pinkett Smith comments, "Rule number one, Will and I are always completely honest with each other and ruthlessly tell each other the truth.

"Second, it's really important to also be your partner's best friend."

As for passion, she adds, "At some point that fire cools off."

• Members
In a recent publicity interview, Will Smith revealed what his son has told him after he saw "I, Robot". "Well my son just told me, he saw the movie about two weeks ago and he said, "Whoa, dad, I loved that! But, uh, don't save the world any more."

For the time being Will Smith is not likely to take up his son's advice. Independence Day, Men In Black and its sequel and I, Robot, netted Lm700 million worldwide. Smith's salary pack to star in these four movies amounted to Lm20 million. Not bad for saving the world.

KRS Film Dist. are expected to release the sci-fi thriller I, Robot next Wednesday.

• Members
London, August 11: The sci-fi thriller "I, Robot" starring Will Smith has followed up its U.S. success to manoeuvre "King Arthur" off the UK box office number one spot.

The film, in which Smith plays a police officer who investigates a murder which could have been committed by a robot, took more than 4.7 million pounds in its opening weekend, chart compiler Screen International said on Tuesday.

• Members
Will Smith has the summer crowd well programmed. Smith's sci-fi thriller "I, Robot" was his latest No. 1 July debut, opening with $52.25 million and bumping "Spider-Man 2" from the top spot at the weekend box office, according to studio estimates Sunday.

If the numbers hold when final figures are released Monday, "I, Robot" would be Smith's best debut ever, coming in just ahead of "Independence Day," "Men in Black" and "Men in Black II," all July premieres that opened in the $50 million to $52 million range.

"My God, this guy opens movies," said Bruce Snyder, head of distribution at 20th Century Fox, which released "I, Robot." "He's just so likable, he takes something like science fiction, which can be a little cold, and he makes it warm and entertaining."

After two weekends in first place, "Spider-Man 2" slipped to No. 2 with $24.2 million, lifting its total domestic haul to $301.7 million after just 19 days. The movie crossed the $300 million mark three days faster than the original "Spider-Man," according to distributor Sony.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
JAM MASTER JAY BIOPIC PLANNED

Slain rap star JAM MASTER JAY is to be honoured with a new movie about his life.

The RUN-DMC star's protege FREDRO STARR is looking to cast top black names like QUEEN LATIFAH, DEREK LUKE and WILL SMITH in the film about the DJ, who was fatally shot in his studio in 2002.

Starr says, "It's a good way for me to produce my first movie, and a good way for me to give something back to hip-hop, Jay and his family."

New York police are still on the hunt for the man who shot Jam Master Jay, real name JASON MIZELL.

• Members
Purchase Using: Amazon.com CD-WOW (US & EU) DVDEmpire.com DVDSoon.com Loaded247.com
Title: I, Robot
Starring: Will Smith
Released: 14th December 2004
SRP: $27.98

Further Details
Fox Home Entertainment has set an official release date for the region one release of I, Robot which stars Will Smith alongside Bridget Moynahan, James Cromwell and Bruce Greenwood. The disc will be available to own from the 14th December this year, and should set you back somewhere in the region of $27.98. I'm afraid that's all we know at the moment, as Fox has yet to issue an official announcement. However, as soon as the final announcement arrives, we'll bring you the full rundown on the disc specs. Stay tuned for that. We've attached an advertisement confirming the official street date below: