JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will in Spielberg's "Chicago 7"?

JusticeKnight

In his early movies Will had always great actors next to him...Martin Lawrence, Tommy Lee Jones, Gene Hackmann, Matt Damon, Kevin Kline... project!

Martin Lawrence is awful when he's not co-starring with Will in Bad Boys movies.

Well... I dont think that Martin Lawrence is awful. But to say that he is a great actor or even good is a bit over the top. I would put him in the "OK in comedies" genre. Gene Hackman is a great actor, Tommy and Kevin is actors that I haven't seen in resent good movies, but they have been good/great in the movies I have seen them in. Matt is not a great actor, but he is good. But that's just my opinion... :fencing:

Edited by viber_91

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the story, I'm not too excited.

Will is going to play Bobby Seale, the 8th member of the Chicago Eight.

He gets cut so it'll be Chicago 7. He's going to have a small part in the beginning of the movie.

I am however excited for the scene where he gets 4 years, cussing out the judge lol.

Man, this is great news!!! Both the Chicago 7 and the IAL 2nd DVD news! Cant wait to hear more on this. Really hopes he will be in this one, and a small part. even better! It's time for will to start doing smaller roles in movies, that means we'll get to see him more often!

Edited by viber_91

im not excited bcoz ive read a few articles on this and i still have no idea what this film is actually about lol.

Yeah, this is really an American story...could have limited appeal in foriegn markets even with Will and Spielberg.

Rad, is it true that he's going to get a very small role as the 8th member of Chicago 7 ?

I've read the story and it seems like it's a pretty small role. If I'm not mistaken he's up for the role of Bobby Seale.

im not excited bcoz ive read a few articles on this and i still have no idea what this film is actually about lol.

Yeah, this is really an American story...could have limited appeal in foriegn markets even with Will and Spielberg.

Rad, is it true that he's going to get a very small role as the 8th member of Chicago 7 ?

I've read the story and it seems like it's a pretty small role. If I'm not mistaken he's up for the role of Bobby Seale.

Yeah, I don't see him getting cast as anyone but Bobby Seale. He was the only one of the people on trial who was African American.

Maybe one of the attorneys on either side was black, but I don't see Will getting cast in a smallish role like that.

This link gives some good background on the event and the people involved...though the person is negative on Will being in the movie and Spielberg directing.

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=13157

Edited by Radewart