JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will in Spielberg's "Chicago 7"?

JusticeKnight

hey you guys!!check this out.

Will may be in the running for Steven Spielberg's next movie: The Trial of the Chicago 7

While of course nothing is Confirmed this would be a great movie. and honestly could be a much better choice than "Seven Pounds"

here take a look: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40624

I know its is DEFINITELY NOT CONFIRMED, but it could be a really good story. :sipread:

Edited by JusticeKnight

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey you guys!!check this out.

Will may be in the running for Steven Spielberg's next movie: The Trial of the Chicago 7

While of course nothing is Confirmed this would be a great movie. and honestly could be a much better choice than "Seven Pounds"

here take a look: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40624

I know its is DEFINITELY NOT CONFIRMED, but it could be a really good story. :sipread:

I'm against Will in this movie. It's going to be a loaded cast and Will makes gems with a few co-stars holding their weight and not hogging the light. The actors who are big in these major collaboration movies (that is, every big actor is cast and the producers go over their heads in the budget for cast) get lost between each other, and play politic games to get a bigger spotlight.

I say he stays with the formula of finding an independent movie type and bringing it to blockbuster heights.

i dunno, i think it may be a real opportunity for people to see Will really take it to other major actors and show his supremacy. Plus I don't think he's ever really done a big Collaboration movie yet. Plus Spielberg should (hopefully) make it work. lol

OOOOPS!! I'm SORRY I didn't Notice that there was already a topic about this...feel free to close this thread!!! :paperbag:

Edited by JusticeKnight

This is a big chance for will to be taken seriousley as an actor, the director, the cast, this is his big chance, all his other movies have given him a shot at this

Yeah, this is his big chance, and he should really take it. The director, writer and the rest of the cast is the combination that can make a huge impact on Wills carer.

• Members

Saying that Will should stick to being the only "name" in the cast is great for us - his die hard fans but for him as an actor - not so much. I recently started attending film school (acting department - 3 months in and I'm already being a wise-ass about acting - is that good?) and one of the things they teach is how f**king important it is to be able play off another actor. That's real acting, not standing in the middle of a crowded place and saying "Look at me, I'm the star, I'm gonna say something now". Being able to coexist with a partner that's your equal is what real acting is all about. So like Rad said, putting him in an ensemble with other great actors is a BRILLIANT idea because it's gonna make one helluva show;)

Saying that Will should stick to being the only "name" in the cast is great for us - his die hard fans but for him as an actor - not so much.

Well, I don't think its that great for us. If will started to do smaller roles in big films and not so big films (c'mon will, you should make more independent films), maby that means that we'll get to see him more often.

• Members

Saying that Will should stick to being the only "name" in the cast is great for us - his die hard fans but for him as an actor - not so much.

Well, I don't think its that great for us. If will started to do smaller roles in big films and not so big films (c'mon will, you should make more independent films), maby that means that we'll get to see him more often.

You're right. What I meant was kind of a joke - as in we get to see our favourite actor doing his thing for 2 hours straight with no-one stealing his thunder;) Which is quite allright but I agree with you that he should do more stuff like "Pursuit Of Happyness" or "The Trial Of The Chicago 7" and if he really wants to do blockbusters - give us more movies like "I Am Legend" - seriously, it was one of the most ambitious, artsy blockbusters I've seen in a loooong time.

I wouldn't care to see this movie happening but I like his movie career the way it is (pretty smart), a good movie every year. Maybe if he did more movies for year they wouldn't be blockbusters, 'coz people don't wanna see movies always with the same actors. (We wouldn't care of course lol)

And about working with big directors I read in a news paper from his visit last month that he wants to work with Martin Scorsese!!!

If he did this movie, it sound like he would be playing Bobby Seale, a black panther leader. That would be a real change of pace for Will. He was removed from the trail of the others and given his own, because he was consistently in contempt of court. He would relentlessly curse at the Judge.

If he did this movie, it sound like he would be playing Bobby Seale, a black panther leader. That would be a real change of pace for Will. He was removed from the trail of the others and given his own, because he was consistently in contempt of court. He would relentlessly curse at the Judge.

Now I really want him to be in this movie! :wiggle:

I like how Wills name is in there with all the "real"/"serious" actors. I hope he gets casted in this movie. A real opportunity for him to be taken serious as an actor. But, yeah... This would be a great opportunity for will, and he's always talking about how he thinks that the next 5 or 10 years will be the best, this is a movie that could really make a great impact on his carer...

Edited by viber_91

This is just taken from wikipedia, so it can be complete bullsh*t:

Sorkin said the film would start shooting by the end of March 2008, "if the Writers' Guild Strike gets settled in time"

This is the first time I hope that the writers strike doesn't get settled for awhile... If I remember right, will is still shooting Seven Pounds in march. I hope he will be in this movie, but I have a feeling that he won't. I just don't see him doing movies like these...

In his early movies Will had always great actors next to him...Martin Lawrence, Tommy Lee Jones, Gene Hackmann, Matt Damon, Kevin Kline...Since Bad Boys 2 Will has shown that he can carry a movie alone, which is a great. Nonetheless I would like to see Will working with Big Names of the showbiz on this project!

In his early movies Will had always great actors next to him...Martin Lawrence, Tommy Lee Jones, Gene Hackmann, Matt Damon, Kevin Kline...Since Bad Boys 2 Will has shown that he can carry a movie alone, which is a great. Nonetheless I would like to see Will working with Big Names of the showbiz on this project!

Tommy Lee Jones and Kevin Kilen were in comedies. Wanna see him act with other great actors in serious dramas. Bagger Vance is not good. Enemy of the State was good though, him and Hackman were great, but Will has grown as an actor since then. Martin Lawrence is awful when he's not co-starring with Will in Bad Boys movies.