JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

no new WS songs in 08'

in the premier in London Will interviewed for an Israely news paper about the last movie... it's long and with out new information most of it (at least not something the WS fan don't know)

bla, bla, bla, Pressure, Politics, Bla, bla, NY, David Backham, Bla... president in the future...

ooh in the last question the reporter asks Will : (in a strange way)

Q : it's looks like you're getting away from the comedy's and look for parts far from your personality?, what with your music?

A : "I'm looking for different parts, I succeeded with film that I can't go back to them.

The MIB based on the time and age I've been in it, But if I won;t proceed the audience will reject the parts i'll choose.I now very interested on the connection between trauma and story. Akive (the director) and I working on a new black-comedy named "Hankok" that begins with traumatic way and evolve around the alcoholist super-hero.

About the music, I'm not working on new material but in 2008 ill go on tour with my old material - Sorry, My Classic material."

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3486642,00.html

I have a funny feeling this will just be like the international "I, Robot" tour with the 15-20 min gigs he did. Just the simple hit songs like Brand New Funk, Jiggy, Miami, Wild Wild West, Switch and end it with summertime. I dont know why but I'm just not even really excited cause I know he probably wont do it in the States. Its amazing how blind and stupid FP can be. People want a new JJFP album! The time is right. FP is one album short of 10 albums which is a great milestone.

I just hope we'll get an interview about just JJ&FP and questions related to only music. I'd like to know how he feels, what his music plans are for the future, the current state of music and the industry. I'd like to know why he hasn't released Tell me why the song he likes the most. I wanna know if we'll ever get another album from him & JJ. Lately all his interviews are about movies and maybe, maybe there's 1 music related question but it's not good enough. I'm frustrated about not knowing what his plans are about music, and the thought of no music ever from JJ&FP let alone Will Smith is kind of depressing.

Also, he has the money to do anything, ANYTHING he wants with music.

He can release his own songs, record many video clips, do whatever he wants.

He can even make a JJ&FP album and get the biggest hip hop artists to join him,

that album would be the BEST THING EVER. Money wise he has more than enough to do what he wants. So I'm starting to think he's got no love anymore for music at the moment to put down the effort.

Imagine a JJ&FP album with artists like Mos Def (oohh I've dreamed about this collab, mos def with fresh prince and Jazzy), talib kweli, nas, ll cool J, Jay-z....If there's 1 person who can make that album, it's Will Smith. Most of the stars would even do it for free, that's how much respect they have for the Fresh Prince & Jazzy Jeff.

Ok...now I'm even more depressed.

Edited by Typhoon20

I don't see a JJFP album happening ever. Not by name anyway. Will Smith with Jeff on tracks is just fine and dandy for me though.

But the main thing i want is that tour. New material would be awesome but we can live without that. There is a huge back-catalogue of great music from them that will keep me happy for life. I just want to see it performed cos that would add to it.

I don't see a JJFP album happening ever. Not by name anyway. Will Smith with Jeff on tracks is just fine and dandy for me though.

But the main thing i want is that tour. New material would be awesome but we can live without that. There is a huge back-catalogue of great music from them that will keep me happy for life. I just want to see it performed cos that would add to it.

ok but him going on tour and getting in touch with his fans that way could be the major catalyst that leads him back to the booth in 2009. :wickedwisdom:

I just hope we'll get an interview about just JJ&FP and questions related to only music. I'd like to know how he feels, what his music plans are for the future, the current state of music and the industry. I'd like to know why he hasn't released Tell me why the song he likes the most. I wanna know if we'll ever get another album from him & JJ. Lately all his interviews are about movies and maybe, maybe there's 1 music related question but it's not good enough. I'm frustrated about not knowing what his plans are about music, and the thought of no music ever from JJ&FP let alone Will Smith is kind of depressing.

:iagree:

Also, he has the money to do anything, ANYTHING he wants with music.

He can release his own songs, record many video clips, do whatever he wants.

He can even make a JJ&FP album and get the biggest hip hop artists to join him,

that album would be the BEST THING EVER. Money wise he has more than enough to do what he wants. So I'm starting to think he's got no love anymore for music at the moment to put down the effort.

Imagine a JJ&FP album with artists like Mos Def (oohh I've dreamed about this collab, mos def with fresh prince and Jazzy), talib kweli, nas, ll cool J, Jay-z....If there's 1 person who can make that album, it's Will Smith. Most of the stars would even do it for free, that's how much respect they have for the Fresh Prince & Jazzy Jeff.

Ok...now I'm even more depressed.

word man! exactly!

It really sucks because Will has never had a larger gap than for years when it comes to record releases (Code Red to BWS, respectively) and since there is apparently no real hope in 2008, I can really hope that he releases something in '09 or else he would surpass four years, and that would really suck.