JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Whattup folks?

WesSyde

I just wanted to come through to the JJFP family and wish y'all happy holidays.

I did a lot of growing up here, no doubt, just wanted to thank everyone who helped me out on this forum :signthankspin:

So whats new with me? well, i finished my first semester in college. college isnt all its cracked up to be though.... i hate it. still trying to figure out what i want to do with my life. trying to find out who i am as an adult and its hard.

well, on the JJFP side of things, i dont listen to any of it anymore. to be honest, i loved JJFP and will smith growing up, but now its almost like im too mature for it. i listen to so many different rap artists now... i just dont long for JJFP anymore. its hard to explain. Jeff's newest album is off the chain tho... props to him for releasing that.

doesnt look like im missing a whole lot here... it seems like the board is pretty dead. if anyone is wondering why i dont post/visit anymore heres the deal. my life is busy, as im sure most peoples is, but on my free time i'd much rather do something than sit in front of a computer and read internet forums. thats just me though.

shout out to all the memories i had on this forum. holla at me if you guys have any questions/comments. what's everyone doing for christmas/new years?! i get to have my 4 wisdom teeth pulled out on new year's eve... its gonna be a lot of fun :paperbag:

What's up, man? Been a loooong tyme. Don't let the college stuff stress ya. And don't be 2 worried about figuring out what u wanna do with life. Cuz i still have no idea...ha ha. U'll find your way. U sound down these days. What's the deal?? Get at me sometime.

• Admin

Hey Wes good to hear from you.. like AJ said dont feel any pressure to figure out what you want to do in life.. At this moment you are becoming more mature, becoming a man..being serious and listening to JJFP isnt relevant anymore..as you get older you realise how important having fun is..not taking everything so seriously.. so Will's music and hangin out with some fans on a forum is actually kinda cool... but anyway good luck with everything in the future if we dont hear from you again

trying to become an engineer because i like it. more specifically an electrical engineer. however, the first two years of college are general education, so its all english and math classes... not a whole lot to do with engineering.

not sure what kind of change i want yet. i think i'll find it if i move out of the house and get my own place with someone. problem is i dont make enough money or have very good spending habits.

Wes, try and stick at the college thing cos its always very hard at the start and can seem a real stress but i guarantee it will get better and you will look back thinking "what was i worrying about". My first year of Uni was a hassle, but after 4 years i look back and realise it was the best time of my life.

I too for a while went through a faze of going off most of my old Music altogether. Tim is right as in when you get older you realise that the simple fun things in life do stick with you in the long run. Lost & Found brought back some love for me and i was turning 21 at that point.

Keep pushing on man, you'll see the bigger picture soon.

I'd give anything to go back to my college days, if u think thats bad it gets worse haha, ok its not that bad.

About growing up, its not that big a deal, things happen natually to u to make u mature but at the end of the day u gotta have fun, life cant be taken seriously, i still watch spongebob squarepants and im 23.

As for christmas im working working and working and that is why i have to have fun with what ive got.

I totally agree with how important it is 2 have fun. People who are 2 busy TRYING 2 be grown-up are just silly. They try way 2 hard 2 not enjoy themselves. As i'm getting older, i'm getting tired of some of the negativity and drama. Right now i'm jamming 2 the Alvin + The Chipmunks soundtrack....and having a ball...ha ha. Cartoons, family friendly stuff, and just plain silly stuff keep me sane. Whenever i'm watching or listening 2 something silly, my friends will smile and shake their head at me...but they end up feeling it the same way i am.

One thing i love about JJ+FP (music, TV, and movies) is that alot of their stuff falls right down the middle. And if u are in a silly mood or a serious mood, they got something 2 offer.

• Admin

I totally agree with how important it is 2 have fun. People who are 2 busy TRYING 2 be grown-up are just silly. They try way 2 hard 2 not enjoy themselves. As i'm getting older, i'm getting tired of some of the negativity and drama. Right now i'm jamming 2 the Alvin + The Chipmunks soundtrack....and having a ball...ha ha. Cartoons, family friendly stuff, and just plain silly stuff keep me sane. Whenever i'm watching or listening 2 something silly, my friends will smile and shake their head at me...but they end up feeling it the same way i am.

One thing i love about JJ+FP (music, TV, and movies) is that alot of their stuff falls right down the middle. And if u are in a silly mood or a serious mood, they got something 2 offer.

I totally agree with you man..just having fun and having a laugh can really get you through some tough times