JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BOYZ II MEN "THROWBACK"

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if u read the 1st post, u'll see that A Touch of Jazz produced most of the album...and this is the DJ Jazzy Jeff forum.

Boyz II Men are also cool with FP and have given him props in CD inserts b4. We also can't forget their appearance on a Christmas episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Boyz II Men and JJ+FP are kinda tight knit.

Boyz II Men and JJFP should do a track together and release it as a single to revibe each other's success 'cause that's what Boyz II Men did for LL after "14 Shots To The Dome" they did "Hey Lover" and LL won a Grammy in '96. "Born To Reign" would've done better if Boyz II Men were on it instead of Tra-Knox and Jazzy Jeff produced it, they could've called it:"Born To Reign: Kings Of Philly" !
:rock: Edited by bigted

[quote=bigted,Sep 19 2004, 12:16 PM]they could've called it:"Born To Reign: Kings Of Philly" !
:rock:[/quote]
Let's not get carried away now. :roll:

I think a collaboration is long overdue tho.' Someone who used 2 post on the Sony Boards back in 1997/1998 said he heard a remix of "Just The Two of Us" featuring Boyz II Men. I'm pretty sure it he either heard the remix with Brian McKnight or some unofficial remix that waz put 2gether by a DJ. I've looked 4 it for YEARS and there is no sign of it's existence.

Oh yeah...and Shawn Stockman wrote and produced for Tatyana Ali for her 1998 album Kiss The Sky also featuring production by A Touch of Jazz and a remix cameo by Fresh Prince.

[quote=J-o-e,Sep 19 2004, 07:51 AM]"Hey Lover" is a track, but born to reign which song or the actual song born 2 reign? i think Maybe would be a good song for Boys II Men could do for will, that would be dope[/quote]
I was refferring to the entire "Born 2 Reign" album, no disrespect to Tra-Knox, but they should've only been on 2 or 3 tracks at the most, a full length album with JJFP and Boyz II Men would've been legendary, but of course I'm only dreamin', right AJ? :dunno: :ditto:

Ha...things don't look good. I think it's safe 2 say that JJ+FP will keep working 2gether...but a full length album under the JJ+FP title seems unlikely. 2 me, it almost looks like something they both wanna do but with their individual schedules and the way the industry is set up, they probably don't actually think they can pull it off. I think everybody would be surprised at the outcome tho.'