JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye stays in Top 10 in Billboard charts...

TopDawg14

Kanye West Clings To The Top 10, Angie Stone Follows Behind

In this week's Hip-Hop and R&B charts, Angie Stone debuts at No. 11, Keyshia Cole, Jill Scott, Soulja Boy and J. Holiday all hover in the Top 20 and Kanye West remains the only artist in the Top 10.

In his sixth week on the Charts, Chi-Town rapper/producer Kanye West slips just three spots to No. 9, selling 53,600 copies of his third album Graduation according to Nielsen's SoundScan. The disc, which features guest spots from Lil' Wayne, T-Pain and Mos Def, has achieved total sales of 1,534,200.

Two spots down is R&B singer Angie Stone, who debuts at No. 11 with her fourth album, The Art of Love & War. The CD pushed 44, 600 copies in its first week.

One spot down at No. 12 is Keyshia Cole, whose sophomore album Just Like You moved 44,121 units this week for a four-week total of 472,500. Just Like You features guest appearances from Missy Elliott, Lil' Kim, Diddy, T.I. and Too $hort.

Two spots down at No. 14 is Soulja Boy, whose debut Souljaboytellem.com climbed one spot this week with 40,400 copies sold. The album's three-week total is 200,200.

Jill Scott moved up three spots to No. 15 this week with 38,300 copies of her third studio album, The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3. After four weeks on the chart, the Philly songstress has sold 281,669 copies.

One spot down at No. 16 is J. Holiday, whose debut album Back of My Lac' pushed 34,978 copies in its third week. The DC crooner's total stands at 177,200.

Five spots down at No. 21 is 50 Cent, who finally surpassed the platinum mark this week with 30,200 copies sold of his third album, Curtis. The G-Unit general's six-week total now stands at 1,025,500.

After 57 weeks on the Charts, Fergie moved up two spots to No. 26 this week with 26,200 copies sold of her album, The Dutchess. The former Black Eyed Peas singer gone solo continues her sales reign to the tune of 2,826,900 copies sold.

Superproducer Timbaland also moved up two spots this week, landing at No. 27 with 25,700 copies sold of his solo effort Shock Value. After 29 weeks, Timbo has scanned a total of 760,700 discs.

11 spots down, Jennifer Lopez plummeted to No. 38 after debuting at No. 12 with her fifth English album, Brave. The album sold 18,200 copies this week for a two-week total of 70,900 copies sold.

After 20 weeks on the chart, Rihanna hangs tough and climbs 13 spots to No. 40 with Good Girl Gone Bad. The Def Jam siren sold 17,800 copies this week for a total sales tally of 756,100.

Former *NSYNC frontman Justin Timberlake slips one spot to No. 42 with 17,700 sold of his sophomore smash FutureSex/LoveSounds. After 58 weeks on the Charts, JT has pushed 3,722,500 copies of his album, which features production from Timbaland and guest spots from T.I. and Three 6 Mafia.

Trey Songz fell 15 spots to No. 45 this week, scanning 17,100 copies of Trey Day, for a three-week total of 114,800. The disc features guest spots from B.G. and Jim Jones.

Clocking in at No. 49 is Jagged Edge, who climbed two spots this week with 15,500 copies sold of their sixth album, Baby Makin Project. The Atlanta foursome has amassed a four-week sales total of 146,600.

Next week look for Jermaine Dupri's Greatest Hits Album and cult favorite Little Brother, to make an appearance on the Hip-Hop and R&B Charts.

http://sohh.com/articles/article.php/12852

That fact about JT is amazing. He makes a cd and stays 58 weeks on the charts, and why? because he releases a lot of the songs he has on the cd. He makes lots of videos and tv appearances, and works featuring other artists so thathe stays in the public eye long enough to continue selling till no one else wants the record.

Will Smith should learn something from that, Lost and found had such a promising future..........

With 50's album flopping maybe Interscope might finally learn to promote Will more, Will could go diamond if his next album gets 6 videos

Edited by bigted

Jill's album has been out for a few weeks..maybe a month. It's good. It's missing that ATOJ vibe, but it's still amazing. Angie Stone's album is really good 2. There are a few tracks that i feel fall in the "average" area, but it's definitely one of the best R-N-B albums out in months. J. Holiday's album is bananas and Rihanna's is good (tho' i'm really missin' the dancehall vibe that sprinkled her 1st 2 albums). Keyshia Cole's album is really good...has a 90's overtone 2 it. Jennifer Lopez's album is really good urban/dance/R-N-B/Hip-Hop/Pop mash-up. I haven't listened 2 Kanye's album in weeks...but i still really like it. I'm really missin' Timbaland's less radio-ready sound. I really like half of Justin's album (i love that "Until The End of Time" is getting lots of spins). I'm glad Fergi's album is still going strong. It's sad Will.I.Am's album isn't doing 2 much, cuz his album is one of my recent favz.

I'm glad 50 Cent is falling...the EMpire is slowly disolving.