JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nas' next album title

Silver Tiger

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop acting like Nas is the pope please. Its a wack title and thats it.

or i could recognize he's been one of the most influential in the game in the last 5 years. if there's someone out there who can make a point, and do it well, it's nas. and there's no reason to crap on him or anyone who realizes his abilities just because it's controversial. :wickedwisdom:

like i always say, "it's ok, you've got the right to disagree with the truth."

I dont remember his albums in the last 5 years beeing that great, compared to the 10 years before that. I mean, get real, Hip Hop Is Dead wasnt anymore but decent. It was a short album, with a few inteligent tracks, but half of the tracks was your usual Hip Hop Track (good, but not anything special), like the tracks with Kanye, Game and so on.

"and there's no reason to crap on him or anyone who realizes his abilities just because it's controversial."

By the way.. So you trying to saz that we cant **** on 50 caus we know that he is capable of making good songs (considering his mixtape past)?

Edited by Turntable

I dont remember his albums in the last 5 years beeing that great, compared to the 10 years before that. I mean, get real, Hip Hop Is Dead wasnt anymore but decent. It was a short album, with a few inteligent tracks, but half of the tracks was your usual Hip Hop Track (good, but not anything special), like the tracks with Kanye, Game and so on.

"and there's no reason to crap on him or anyone who realizes his abilities just because it's controversial."

By the way.. So you trying to saz that we cant **** on 50 caus we know that he is capable of making good songs (considering his mixtape past)?

Whether it be the controversy over titling an album "God's Son", making Jesus metaphors in the "Hate me Now" video, making a song like "I can", or creating an entire movement off of his album "Hip Hop is Dead", i'd say he's been pretty influential. not to mention his influences on the game itself like with ether or UBR and such. Regarding Hip Hop is Dead, I think it was a ridiculously amazing album....a true hip hop album, head to toe...completely focused. Which hasn't been the case with any commercially successful record in the last five years. "Not Going Back", "Where are they Now", "Carry on Tradition", "Who Killed it", "Still Dreaming", "Blunt Ashes", "Let there be light", "Can't Forget about you", "Hope", "Shine On", "Hip Hop is Dead"...even the colab with Jay in "Black Republican" show that this album clearly was something focused. That isn't present in Hip Hop anymore. So no, it was very special in the climate of the recent industry.

So other than "How to Rob" and "Ghetto Quaran", when did 50 make good songs? Like meaningful, intelligent? When I said "abilities", it's alot more than just spitting bars, it's being focused, something that 50 never does. He jumps around, even on his first album, like crazy trying to appease everyone. Nas is the most focused of the commercially successful rappers. You have guys like KRS-One and Mos Def and Talib who are more focused but I wouldn't say their words have hit as many ears.

I gotta go off topic 4 one second. Does anyone remember the psyco that used 2 go on the Sony boards and say Nas waz the Anti-Christ??? HA HA!!! He typed out like 10 pages worth of lyrics and stuff saying how they were proof that Nas waz the Anti-Christ. I enjoyed deleting his posts on a regular basis.

I gotta go off topic 4 one second. Does anyone remember the psyco that used 2 go on the Sony boards and say Nas waz the Anti-Christ??? HA HA!!! He typed out like 10 pages worth of lyrics and stuff saying how they were proof that Nas waz the Anti-Christ. I enjoyed deleting his posts on a regular basis.

it's upsetting i missed that... :shakehead:

Whether it be the controversy over titling an album "God's Son", making Jesus metaphors in the "Hate me Now" video, making a song like "I can", or creating an entire movement off of his album "Hip Hop is Dead", i'd say he's been pretty influential.

Influental in what way.. I mean, in the last 5 years there were only few names that had influence (mostly bad one, but still) but still) and thats Eminem, 50 Cent, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z...

Hate Me Now was aimed at selling records, thats al.. I mean, it got Puff Daddy on it.. Nas himself admitted that in a intervieuw. Calling a album God's son is just as wack is calling it n-word.

Edited by Turntable

Whether it be the controversy over titling an album "God's Son", making Jesus metaphors in the "Hate me Now" video, making a song like "I can", or creating an entire movement off of his album "Hip Hop is Dead", i'd say he's been pretty influential.

Influental in what way.. I mean, in the last 5 years there were only few names that had influence (mostly bad one, but still) but still) and thats Eminem, 50 Cent, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z...

Hate Me Now was aimed at selling records, thats al.. I mean, it got Puff Daddy on it.. Nas himself admitted that in a intervieuw. Calling a album God's son is just as wack is calling it n-word.

with dance, you saw that a commercially successful rapper could be honest in the same era as the 50 vs Ja times when you couldn't show any emotion. UBR was the best rap dedication song i've ever heard. Ether redefined the "diss" so to speak. How wasn't he influential with Hate me Now? It got people talking and it continued to grow Nas's voice out there. Nas has had alot of influence in the last 5 years, and most recently with Hip Hop is Dead. Idk how many people can start a whole movement alone.

with dance, you saw that a commercially successful rapper could be honest in the same era as the 50 vs Ja times when you couldn't show any emotion. UBR was the best rap dedication song i've ever heard. Ether redefined the "diss" so to speak. How wasn't he influential with Hate me Now? It got people talking and it continued to grow Nas's voice out there. Nas has had alot of influence in the last 5 years, and most recently with Hip Hop is Dead. Idk how many people can start a whole movement alone.

He made good music, very good music, but if you ask your tipycal rap listener these days.. he dont even know who the **** nas is

Edited by Turntable

He made good music, very good music, but if you ask your tipycal rap listener these days.. he dont even know who the **** nas is

"typical rap listener"? Maybe by that you mean radio listener, and then the people listening to soulja boy, mims, and hurricane chris. but they wouldn't be typical hip hop listeners. Nas is a big name for anyone who enjoys hip hop. Anyone who's listening to pop-rap, snap-rap, basically anything on the radio today wouldn't know who any hip hop artist is past kanye west and jay-z.

Yeah, and if you look at numbers those people are your typical rap listeners. Its sad but true.

but i wouldn't consider those as hiphop fans. i mean, someone like Lance Armstrong is influential but that doesn't mean he'd influence interior decorators. The audience that can be influenced by hip hop artists in fact is heavily influenced by Nas. I wouldn't count the current fans of rap and snap music part of that audience. So ya, he is as influential as you can be within your genre. I have a hard time saying rap and hip hop in the same sentence. Rapping is a tool that anyone can use. Hip Hop is the use of rapping to express something meaningful. That's at least how I see it.

Really I sorta agree with what David Banner said, it don't matter what Nas decides to call his album as long as it's hot, "Hip-Hop Is Dead" and "God's Son" caused a lot of controversey for their titles but they're both dope albums

Allhiphop.com article basically further backing up my initial thoughts -

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/features/archiv...5/18785677.aspx

Chuck D, Alicia Keys and many others speak upon the controversial album title

it seems those all are positively behind the album title...saying that if anyone can do it, it'd be nas...