JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nas' next album title

Silver Tiger

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As some here said... I dont really care what is the album title aslong the tracks are dope.

On the other hand, calling an album "Nigga" just doesn`t seems right unless there's a good reason.

Unfortunately I dont think nas has one.

i think he does, especially with how he took "Hip Hop is Dead" and did something smart...I mean he coulda done what MIMS did and say "I can say nothing on a track" on "why i'm hot"....but instead Nas didn't play that stupid way and said meaningful stuff.

i'd say our best bet is to wait and see.

As some here said... I dont really care what is the album title aslong the tracks are dope.

On the other hand, calling an album "Nigga" just doesn`t seems right unless there's a good reason.

Unfortunately I dont think nas has one.

i think he does, especially with how he took "Hip Hop is Dead" and did something smart...I mean he coulda done what MIMS did and say "I can say nothing on a track" on "why i'm hot"....but instead Nas didn't play that stupid way and said meaningful stuff.

i'd say our best bet is to wait and see.

That line M.I.M.S did isnt stupid at all, its is brilliant. Think about it.. MIMS is coming up telling errbody that they so stupid that they buy his **** and he aint even gotta say anything.. and it works? That dont make him stupid, that makes errbody stupid that buys it. That line is the ****. lol

That line M.I.M.S did isnt stupid at all, its is brilliant. Think about it.. MIMS is coming up telling errbody that they so stupid that they buy his **** and he aint even gotta say anything.. and it works? That dont make him stupid, that makes errbody stupid that buys it. That line is the ****. lol

That line would be smart if the rest of the song meant something. Him just throwing it out there means junk unless he's making that the theme of the song. And he didn't. He said it to be catchy, and had no motive nor focus on that theme. He just did exactly what that line would criticize. It was no way genius. It's like someone trying to come high but really just making an excuse to do the same thing that the line would criticize.

That line would be smart if the rest of the song meant something. Him just throwing it out there means junk unless he's making that the theme of the song. And he didn't. He said it to be catchy, and had no motive nor focus on that theme. He just did exactly what that line would criticize. It was no way genius. It's like someone trying to come high but really just making an excuse to do the same thing that the line would criticize.

I disagree. He's doing it to earn his dollars, and he admits it (he even knows he doesnt have to make good songs to earn money.. he says it on his songs, and astill people buy it.. thats not him beeing wack there,lol), and if thats the case there aint nothing wrong with it. Go get your money. Just dont tell that you wanna make good music if you dont.

New developments, a title change is becoming more a very real possibility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like Nas may have pissed off the wrong folks with his album title. Nope, not self-righteous Black “leaders”. Nope, not know-nothing Fox TV show hosts. We’re talking white folks with big money:

A New York Assemblyman has called on Universal Music Group to change the title of Nas’ upcoming album, Nigger, or lose $84 million in investments.

As reported earlier, Nas announced his album’s controversial title at a concert two weeks ago, and the news was met with stern disapproval from Reverend Jesse Jackson and The NAACP (The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People).

Despite the uproar caused by his announcement, Nas said he would not be changing the album’s title and claimed that his label Def Jam, a subsidiary of Universal, had not offered any resistance to the title.

According to The Brooklyn Paper, Fort Greene assemblyman Hakeem Jeffries has requested New York’s Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli ‘to withdraw the $84 million that the state pension fund has invested in Universal and its parent company, Vivendi’.

“[They are] profiting from a racial slur that has been used to dehumanize people of color for centuries,” said Jeffries. “It is time for Nas and other hip-hop artists to clean up their act and stop flooding the airwaves with the N-word.”

This should be interesting. Will Def Jam take the hit, or will they change the album title and make Nas eat his words? It’s gon be a cold winter!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.celebully.com/nas-may-cost-def-...llion-p242.html

God Blessa!

New developments, a title change is becoming more a very real possibility.

God Blessa!

I had seen this, but it still throws me for a loop. The one thing to consider is how much pull this rep has in the moving of state funds. That isn't the most maneuverable type of investment and he'd have to get alot more support than his own. Anytime you want to take money out of such a stable source, you need almost unanimous acceptance of the move...and that can take months, long enough for the album to come out.