JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Seven Pounds" is next.

Radewart

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797150...yid=13&cs=1

Smith

Will Smith will reunite with the creative team behind "The Pursuit of Happyness" to star in "Seven Pounds."

The film is scheduled to shoot in February for a late 2008 release.

"Happyness" helmer Gabriele Muccino will direct the drama, which Escape Artists and Smith's Overbrook Entertainment are producing.

The two Sony-based shingles also produced "Happyness" for the studio, where "Seven Pounds" will likely land.

The story centers on a man who inadvertently falls in love while attempting to kill himself. Grant Nieporte wrote the screenplay.

Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal, James Lassiter, Smith and Steve Tisch are producing.

Muccino had been attached to direct Smith in Columbia Pictures' "Hancock," the actor's follow-up to "Happyness." But the director dropped out due to creative differences and was replaced by Peter Berg. That film is lensing and set to wrap in the fall. Smith will then spend the holiday season promoting Warner Bros. Pictures' post-apocalyptic actioner "I Am Legend," which bows in December, before segueing to "Seven Pounds."

Escape Artists recently wrapped the Denzel Washington-directed "The Great Debaters."

Overbrook's upcoming projects include "I Am Legend."

Edited by Hero1

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this coming...I am Legend, then John Hancock (the movie title sounds so whack, the person who gave the idea to remove tonight he come should be shot)...and now Seven Pounds! We will definately have no music in 2008...This is sad, because Will always released an album after a 2 year or 3 year break!

Big Willie Style 1997

Willenium 1999

Born to Reign 2002

Lost and Found 2005

If we don't get an album at least in 2009, we can finish the music debate!

Not too happy about it

I thought a comedy would be appropriate around that time. Nice that Will can handle drama's

but 2 (4) in 2 years is a bit too much, and hancock is also a bit of a drama, and even I Am Legend.

Plus POH was a good movie, but that's mainly because of the acting of the smiths. I wasn't really too happy with the team behind it. And knowing the same team behind that will make SP is not really encouraging.

Wow, the guy that's going to do the screenplay Grant Nieporte, look at his resume:

# "8 Simple Rules... for Dating My Teenage Daughter" (2 episodes, 2004-2005)

... aka 8 Simple Rules (USA: new title)

- The After Party (2005) TV Episode (writer)

- Mother's Day (2004) TV Episode (writer)

# "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" (1 episode, 2001)

... aka Sabrina (USA: promotional abbreviation)

... aka Sabrina Goes to College (USA: promotional title)

- Sabrina's Got Spirit (2001) TV Episode (writer)

And that's all he did !

And then you wonder why Will's drama movies aren't that highly regarded, or oscar material.

I was dissapointed earlier but right now I'm pretty depressed.

Will always agrees that his movies need that extra touch, that art concept behind it. Well if he really wants it he needs to work with the best of the best in the business. That should be his 1st goal.

Will tries to hard to win an oscar with stuff like this.At least the other movie was promising,

the one where he's a chess teacher. This one has all the ingredients to fail.

Edited by Typhoon20

damn not more of this sappy muccino crap.. :paperbag: I was hoping for that comedy with nic cage

Are you serious? Pursuit was a wonderful movie, and Will did the best interpretation in his whole life. I can't stand Nick Cage...

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

I made a topic asking bout this movie several time ago, ecause the references i got were not good. They still aint good and Will is stil trying to pull it off. I told yall about that Oscar thing, I told yall.

Empire seem to agree with Mr Smith's film choice's of late

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=21038

• Admin

damn not more of this sappy muccino crap.. :paperbag: I was hoping for that comedy with nic cage

Are you serious? Pursuit was a wonderful movie, and Will did the best interpretation in his whole life. I can't stand Nick Cage...

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

I'm with Typhoon on this one.. I just don't think Muccino did that great a job on Pursuit..