JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Still no music news

Ok so i think this will start off a really depressing music post but im bored.

I was thinking the other day how we havnt heard anything about music for so long. Remmember after born to reign, we heard rumours of Will recording about a year after that, then it took a few years for it to come out. Well its been 2 years since lost and found came out and we havnt heard about Will recording at all.

i guess we have to wait until these huge films have finished then see what he does, but it doesnt exactly fill u with hope when u hear nothing at all, anyone else feel this way, or is Will just repeating the days after code red?

I think shows are more likely than new material at the mo, and im happy enough with that if they actually happen. I kinda feel since Lost & Found that Will probably hasn't got much more to say at the moment.

• Admin

In June 2008 there is going to be a writers/actors strike in hollywood that will shut things down.. Maybe that will give him some time to record

Lucy, please esplain.

God Blessa!

I Love Lucy is playing on the TV in the background which makes that weird :lolsign: The writers are striking because they don't get enough money on the back end after film grosses dvd sales etc.. so the movie studios are rushing to complete as many movies as possible.. their contract runs out in about december..but they are gonna wait till june next year when the actors agreement ends so they can all strike together

Yeah it's not looking too good right now with Will doing all these films and not doing any music

maybe it depends on if ksmith blows up or not...it could also be that he supports people in the background (e.g. executive producing etc.) and searches for someone who goes the direction he went in the hip hop world (nick cannon???), because nowadays there is no rapper who could fill his shoes!

I don't think Will's retired from music yet, I think he's just frustrated with the state of rap like he was after he stopped rapping for awhile after code red, when the right time comes he'll release another album I'm sure, K.Smith don't have no reflection on his career whatsoever either

Edited by bigted

In June 2008 there is going to be a writers/actors strike in hollywood that will shut things down.. Maybe that will give him some time to record

Lucy, please esplain.

God Blessa!

I Love Lucy is playing on the TV in the background which makes that weird :lolsign: The writers are striking because they don't get enough money on the back end after film grosses dvd sales etc.. so the movie studios are rushing to complete as many movies as possible.. their contract runs out in about december..but they are gonna wait till june next year when the actors agreement ends so they can all strike together

Fascinating. Maybe Will will use that time to make youtube videos of him not making music.

God Blessa!

I don't expect any new music quite yet. Without getting in2 it all over again, the stuff on the radio is inexcusable. Who wants 2 be a part of that. And with fools like Hurricain Chris, Young Joc, Pretty Ricky, Soulja Boy, and Baby Boy on the radio, who wants 2 compete with untalented "Dirty South" commerical rappers? Lost + Found is only 2 and a half years old. FP's about 2 get rejuvinated. I'm sure we'll hear something in the upcoming months. Definitely by this whole strike thing. He may be waiting for his nephew 2 drop his album so as to not compete or overshadow his attempt.