JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

RICHEST RAPPERS

well lil jon was the first indie rapper to go platnium

Ha...what r u talking about. Half of the emcees and rappers that have gained success all started as "indie" artists. Many artists came before him. Lil' Jon has been producing since the early 90's! His early stuff waz actually good (years before "crunk").

:shakehead: No offence...but when did u start listening 2 Rap and Hip-Hop? 2000 maybe? JJ+FP waz on an indie label back in 1986 before their deal with Jive. When LL Cool J and Beastie Boys were coming out, Def Jam waz an indie label. Master P's No Limit (tho' i'd never consider that crap real music) waz an indie label. Lil' Jon isn't the 1st when it comes 2 anything...other than selling millions of records without even being a recording artist. I'm interested in how old u are if u are giving Lil' Jon and 50 Cent props.

firts of all i know my music, and i am not makin' it up, ok but LL, BB, and JJ FP, all went gold on indie read to what i am writin, i never said that Lil Jon was the first rapper on and Indie label, and Lil Jon is a beat maker that can make beats, and 50 can spit just because he talks about money like every rapper in the game even Will Smith, oh and not thats its any of your business but I'm 16

God bless this child with the gift of punctuation.

:stickpoke: ahha

yo AJ, or anyone for that matter...when Will Smith says

"Yo, you know where little John lives on the corner

The extension cord'll run perfectly to his crib"

~ Block Party off of Born to Reign...

who's he talking about?..anyone know?

Cars, cloths, bling? That's not lifestyle. That's personal insecurities that are being covered up with material things that really don't mean anything. U can't take that stuff with u when u die. Sure, i want a nice car, nice cloths, and a comfortable lifestyle. I think everybody has their own version of the perfect car 4 them, their personal style of cloths, and wants to life a comfortable lifestyle for themselves and their family.

My problem is that these commercial rappers glorify it. The don't talk about it or own material things cuz they need them...they do it just 2 do it. They want 2 be cool and they want 2 be accepted. They rent the cars that everyone wants and put in their music video. They wear what the rapper in the top spot is wearing. They aren't being "real" or doing it for themselves. They are a living, breathing puppet doing the same cookie cutter thing the next commerical rapper is doing.

When u have money like that (actually own it...not just talk about it), u need 2 'live 2 give.' U have a responcibility to help the next man. If u are so 'hood' and 'reppin' your block'...why aren't u helping out the people on your block?? Oh wait, u can just put them in your video with 5 expensive cars u rented while u talk about nothing in your music and hold up your idiotic jewelery.

These fools need 2 give up their "lifestyle" and actually get a "life."

Next tyme i go 2 Philly, i'll get a phone book and look up Little John. :hm:

Next tyme i go 2 Philly, i'll get a phone book and look up Little John. :hm:

AJ, you don't need to be harsh on Bob. He was just asking a simple question. Take it out on the Lil Jon fan/guest.

Bob, I think what Will was refering to either a made up person (he could have inserted anyones nickname into that part of the song, he was just using the name for the sake of using), or he knows/remembers somebody in philly that has the nickname Little John/jon.

Either way, I'm positive he wasn't refering to the krunk rapper, lil jon.

I wasn't being harsh...just joking around.

my bad, its hard to tell what people mean w/o hearing their tone of voice or somethin.

I wasn't being harsh...just joking around.

my bad, its hard to tell what people mean w/o hearing their tone of voice or somethin.

thanks bart5...

no really, in the time that i've been here...some of the guys in this forum really do know jeff or will and have posted videos with em or pictures with em...So, I figured if there was any place to see if this "little John" exists/a glorified philly-rapper...I'd figure it be here...

plus who knows...my knowledge of rappers/dj's from the late 80's early 90's is still growing...so it coulda been like when I learned of Marley Marl...I had no clue who that guy was until a few years ago...

geez :paperbag: