JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye and 50 fight for the 9/11

VIsqo

his delivery and flow have gotten worse. The production of the newer stuff i've heard has also drastically declined.

The focus question I believe is a very subjective one, but delivery and flow? If anything, I think his direct working relationship with Consequence, a hero to him, and his continued work with Common has only upped his ability...now he does get lazy at times, but other times he's miles ahead of his old ways. Compare "Bittersweet" which FINALLY leaked and was going to be included on his last album only to be held back how many years for Graduation, with Southside or Can't Tell me Nothing...if anything, I think he's really stepped his game up.

And Production? I feel he's finally gotten away from his signature foot-stomp beats with his near perfect production of Finding Forever. He perfectly, and I say perfectly, mimicked DJ Premier beat-mapping in "The Game" and showed so much ability in "Forever Begins" and "The People."

His work on "Couldn't Get Far" also showed his move away from drums to work with individual bass strings.

His production has been spotless...even the stuff he did on Stronger was pretty creative with the gaps left behind from Daft Punk's original song...

I mean his last album, Late Registration...all those chord works weren't his...they were that orchestra conducter who Co-produced the whole thing.

Kanye added drums here and there, but now he's finally taking what he's learned and creating new, original instrumentals

Edited by Bob

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/25166775

50 Cent: I'll quit if outsold by West

08/10/2007 8:56 PM, AP

50 Cent believes his new album will outsell Kanye West's upcoming disc, and he's betting his solo career on it. Both 50 Cent and West have albums due out Sept. 11. 50 Cent, who has sold better than West, has been riled by forecasts that sales of West's "Graduation" could rival those for his "Curtis" CD.

"Let's raise the stakes," the 31-year-old rapper told hip-hop Web site SOHH.com in an interview posted Friday. "If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out anymore solo albums."

An e-mail sent to West's publicist wasn't immediately returned Friday.

50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson, has been publicly disparaging of West before. In 2005, he suggested the 29-year-old rapper's popularity was only possible because of 50's own success.

But they recently collaborated in the studio. Their work, though, isn't scheduled to appear on either new album.

50 Cent's last full-length solo album, "The Massacre," was the best-selling disc of 2005 and sold more than 1.14 million copies in its first week of release. The same year, West's "Late Registration" opened by selling more than 860,000 copies in its first week.

Kanye is good! I mean, hes first album was really good, i dont now why to keep arguing about his delivery while i think it is pretty good. The problem with Kanye is attitude, and all rappers have one, we cannot judge a person talent based on the things they say or do when they are not singing. Kanye's through the wire showed us what hes capable to do to make his dreams come through, and in every single song he shows us different styles, a different flow, and great collabos. Caught in the middle has become a great place to be dissin artists without resalting the good things in thir music. No wonder its called something like DISS.

50 in another matter is not that interested in talent, hes not that interested in how his music sounds, about flow and delivery, about a message, about anything else than getting those benjamins, and we saw it in straight to the bank and else, and even with those "qualities" hes a heavyweither difficult to ignore, even in a forum full of good rap fans. He has songs like 21 questions, in which he kinda like talk to this girl, i think its pretty decent, and the beat is incredible. To ride in the car and feel big theres nothing better than this is how we do, just a lil bit, and the trashy unforgettable in da club. Dont like his lyrics? all good, i dont blame you, but the beats in those songs are worth the try.

Kanye's Jesus walks says something, Kanye's all falls down says something, just get the judgemental mas outta the face and listen, and then maybe we will be able to find a good talent behind all that smug.

And who cares is not the term, maybe the right term would have been, I dont care.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't 50 back out on this bet? I can get into 50 on a couple levels when I listen to him. I don't think I'm a buy either albums right away. I'll probably downloads 50's and maybe buy Kanye's. I'm not sure who's gonna sell more between the 2 of them, not that it matters. But I do think 50 Cent will sell even less then his previous two cds, considering the way rap is selling.

I don't think either 50 or Kanye are gonna sell as much as they used to, a lot of people are tired of their egotistical tantrums at this point, but at least Kanye does put out some quality music in between to back up some of his talk, you can't really say that about 50 so that's why Kanye'll probably outsell him

Edited by bigted

Yeah, they've both been on the charts since the early 2000's. These days, that's a lifetime. Are commerical rap fans still interested in them? If not, they have 2 rely on making good music. That means 50 Cent has no hope. Another thing that could come in2 play is who they run with. 50 Cent has no respectable musical partners unless LL is still working with him. Kanye on the other hand is cool with people like Common Sense, Talib Kwelie, Jamie Foxx, Alicia Keys, Brandy, etc. Kanye can put 2gether some good beats when he takes his time. If he can just get rid of that idiotic ego and focus on writing good lyrics...then he only needs 2 improve his flow 2 become a more legit artist.

My only beef with Kanye is how he can sometimes hit you with amazing (not necessarily complex but heartfelt) lyrics and then do some ego tripping ABC rhymes which anybody could have come up with. I think his beat game right now is ridiculous! The Game, South side,Stronger and Can't Tell Me Nothing all have grat invetentive and distinctive sounding beats

Well now Kanye is quoted as saying "Well, I'll say this...please, please 50, when I outsell you, don't stop making music. I really like it"

AHAHHA. awesome kanye.

the video is on onsmash.net and its his UK interview recently...

And as much as Lil Wayne isn't my favorite rapper in the world lol, he should be releasing his diss song "Gossip" at 50 right before the release date....

oh, and mfuqua23....I may upload some stuff...I'm really a quiet guy about my tracks and usually do it for me and my close friends just for some fun instrumentals or whatever else..

but i've been doing alot more recently so, like I said, I may try that whole upload thing over the next few months

Whats your beef w/ 50 he is a creative dude and a good businessman, are y'all jealous or sumtin'

Well his subject matter is redundant, his flow is basic (distinctive at times), his rhyme schemes are elementary, has an over reliance on catchy hooks and beats to sell his records, he is very egotistical and he shows very little respect to anybody, and therefore isn't really deserving of it...I don't really like hating on rappers anymore, because hey dude did have to have a great business mind to get where he is right now....I'm just trying to explain why many hip hop fans don't check for the guy, and would rather see him retire than bombard their tv's and radios.It's definitely not a matter of jealousy because many of my favorite rappers are extremely wealthy and have had their fare share of success (Will Smith, Jay, Nas etc...).