JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye and 50 fight for the 9/11

VIsqo

Both of them album were posponed and now they are coming out on the same date, being this historical since both of them are expected to sell a big a amount of copies in their first day, and week, because they both are the most anticipated albums

of the year for them fans. Here is the story i found on: http://rap.about.com/

50 Cent to Kanye West: "Push Your Album Back"

Yesterday, we were debating the possibility of a Curtis vs. Graduation face-off on 9/11. 50 Cent has added his voice to the debate. In case you had any doubts (I'm looking at you, Nero), 50 has made it clear that he's not ready to back down for Mr. West. In fact, he doesn't even consider Kanye a threat.

"It's coming out September 11th and I’m not pushing it back. I’m not moving under any circumstances," 50 told Hot 97 FM's Funkmaster Flex last night. When Flex reminded him that Kanye plans to release Graduation on that same day, the G-Unit General had this to say:

"I mean, I hope that they see and understand what’s getting ready to happen. I’m not moving. I’m coming September 11th. If Kanye come that day, then he come that day. I mean that’d be great if he actually stays in that date. I think his people are smart. I think he’s smart too. I think they’ll move, but I'm not moving…Jay’s not gonna let that happen anyway. He’s not gonna leave him there."

Do you think Kanye might be willing to make way for a 50 Cent massacre on September 11th?

Kanye: "I'm Not Moving from 9/11"

50 Cent will just have to share the spotlight with Kanye West on September 11, because the producer/MC is putting his foot down on that date as well. Kanye, who produced a track for 50 on Curtis, recently told MTV News that he's ready to go toe-to-toe with the G-Unit boss hogg.

"I'd rather come out on a day like that, up against 50—where people are excited about going to the stores and it's an event and people talk about it—and be #2 on that day rather than come out and be #1 on a day nobody cares about," West said.

He added that "it's about things going down in history. It's not that much exciting stuff in hip-hop right now. I think people are going to make it more than what I'm making it myself. At the end of the day, I'm making music and I'm trying to sell."

Big sales aside though, Ye's also optimistic he'll add to his Grammy collection this time. Put it this way: he's gunning for the gusto.

"This album, Graduation, I been listening to it. I like it a lot. I really believe I can take home that Album of the Year award at the Grammys. I've won my awards, but they've always been a category: 'hip-hop,' 'rap.' I wanna win Song of the Year, Album of the Year. I wanna deliver this album."

West has won six Grammy awards, including two Best Rap Album awards for College Dropout and Late Registration. He's hoping for a three-peat victory with Graduation. (Eminem is the only rapper to have won three consecutive gongs for Best Rap Album.) 50 Cent, on the other hand, has never won a Grammy award.

Source: http://rap.about.com/

PS. I KNOW AJ IS THE ONE WHO USUALLY POSTS THESE NEWS, BUT I ALSO KNOW THIS FORUM NEEDS THE HELP OF ALL OF US TO KEEP ON WORKING AND GROWING, SO KEEP ON POSTING YOUR IDEAS AND THOUGHTS AND LETS KEEP IT ROLLING.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not easy to know. We might not like G-unit but we cannot deny the power they have on todays masses, and talk about kanye whom two first songs of his album have debuted in number one and has all of them grammy nominations and it seems there are more to come. Its not easy to know.

I think Kanye'll probably outsell 50 at this point, G-Unit's just about dead

This will be an interesting battle, I think Kanye will overtake 50, 50's singles are not making any noise at all.

im really happy that there are 2 mos def songs on the new kanye cd! itunes has the tracklist up. looks like chris martin (the dude from coldplay) is in the same tracklist location as the dude from maroon 5 was on the last album haha.

but i didnt know if i was gonna get the new kanye cd but im kinda locked in for it now, i dont know why. maybe its the mos

Who really cares? Multiple albums get released every Tuesday...why is it such a big deal who comes out at the top. Sure, it's nice 2 have sales and success...but when it comes 2 the bottom line, who really cares? 50 Cent and Kanye West releasing albums on the same day isn't really interesting. Both of them have big mouths and both of them have drastically lost focus on their style and sound...both have declined since they 1st got their foot in the door, reguardless the level they were on in the beginning.

Well, since out there is one of the hottest topics in hip hop music and are the most anticipated albums from both of them: "big mouthsers" I guess the only ones who dont really care are us the people who dont like them.

Who really cares? Multiple albums get released every Tuesday...why is it such a big deal who comes out at the top. Sure, it's nice 2 have sales and success...but when it comes 2 the bottom line, who really cares? 50 Cent and Kanye West releasing albums on the same day isn't really interesting. Both of them have big mouths and both of them have drastically lost focus on their style and sound...both have declined since they 1st got their foot in the door, reguardless the level they were on in the beginning.

its such a big deal because they are both heavywieghts in da game

50 was never anywhere on focus.

While Kanye may lose at times his focus, he comes back with stuff that's actually better than his old stuff. So he may once in awhile slip up with his point, but then he comes right back and is "better than he's ever been."

In the beginning, Kanye's lack of delivery and flow waz excusable by the person he came across as. Besides most of his beats were really good. Since his ego has grown, i can't stand him as a person enough 2 really care about anything he does. His lyrics have become less focused and his delivery and flow have gotten worse. The production of the newer stuff i've heard has also drastically declined. I approach all music with any open ear...i just don't really see him as very relevant anymore. I don't feel that his newer stuff is better than his earlier stuff at all.

However, if u wanna continue this topic and see why i'll consider buying his album, read the Music Newz post i'm making...