JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

REMY MA NEWZ

Here's some news i got from AOL on the garbage female rapper. I had no idea her life choices were as bad as her music.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

REMY MA UPDATE: Catching A Bad Rap?

Posted Jul 15th 2007 10:10PM by Karu F. Daniels

Filed under: Entertainment Newswire

By Karu F. Daniels, AOL Black Voices

Remy Ma, who reported to police Saturday evening and was arrested on charges of assault and criminal possession of a weapon, pleaded not guilty on Sunday to attempted murder and other counts in the shooting of 23-year-old galpal Makeda Barnes-Joseph.

At her arraignment, a judge granted the prosecution's request for bail to be set at $250,000 for the Grammy Award nominated hardcore rap vixen, who was reportedly in custody at New York's notorious Rikers Island on Sunday morning.

According to the 'New York Daily News,' she was released on Sunday after her manager, who identified himself as Big Joe of New Era Management, put up his home as collateral to satisfy a $250,000 bond.

Several other reports indicated that Smith and Barnes-Joseph had a violent altercation - resulting in the latter being shot twice in the midsection - after a pizza party early Saturday in which the thick-thighed lyricist accused the young woman of stealing $3000 from her purse.

"What hurts me is that when she shot me she went over and dumped the bag," Barnes-Joseph told the paper from her St. Vincen'ts Hospital bed. "She didn't even say, 'Oh, my God, I just shot her.' That's what hurt me so much."

She said she had been a close friend of the rapper's for more than a decade.

"The fact she would think I would steal from her," said Barnes-Joseph, "it hurts me because I thought she was a friend of mine."

The former Terror Squad frontwoman is expected in court next month.

Yesterday, the bleached-blonde bang rapper, maintained her innocence. "I didn't shoot my friend!" she reportedly hollered at reporters from the second-floor window of her "modest Cliffside Park, N.J., home," the 'Daily News' reported. "I didn't shoot nobody!"

And now her criminal past is coming to light.

In 2003, the Grammy Award nominated vixen was charged with threatening Alvin Lewis with a gun in the Bronx building where she used to live. Accusing him of abusing women, she reportedly fired the gun close to his head, but missed.

She pleaded guilty in that case to misdemeanor assault, court papers show.

Last month, she was arrested in Queens for driving without a license. She has until next month to pay the $75 fine.

AJ stop hating, please. I'm sure you never heard one of her Mixtapes, caus than you'd know she's not a bad Mc. I can give you tons of freestyle where she absolutly spits heat. If you'r open for some light in hater world, I'll hook you up with a link. If not, it's not my problem ether.

I have every right to hate music that i think sucks. That doesn't make me a hater. I've heard a few of her singles and cameos and i think she's awful. The regular clashing of our music tastes will have me pass on peeping a link. Thanx tho.' I posted this for those who actually liked her...nothing more, nothing less.